Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

Default Sporterized WW1 U.S. Model 1917 Eddystone (Remington) "US Enfield" .30-06 rifle $320

Sporterized WW1 U.S. Model 1917 Eddystone "Enfield" .30-06 rifle. $320 + shipping

This rifle was sporterized 60 years ago by the grandfather of the guy I originally got it from, so it is C&R eligible.

I feel a little sorry to put this one up for sale - I got it back in the good old "cash and carry" days when California was still part of America, so it's not in any hateful Communist data base.

Decent shootable bore - good rifling, some shine to the lands, a little gray in the grooves. Good muzzle and crown. This should be a good shooter, bore should improve a bunch with a good thorough cleaning. I have never fired it.

Sporterized original walnut stock - fore end was cut off a little in front of where the rear band would go, and stock looks like it was lightly sanded a long time ago. A little work profiling and shaping the forend would really improve the appearance.

It has a ramp front sight and flip up type rear sight added to the barrel, this was done well and correctly, and looks good.

It has a nice vintage set of Kesselring bases and rings, with a Tasco 4X32 scope. I was going to put something period like a vintage Weaver K4 or similar scope on it, but never got around to it.

This would make a good truck/trunk/ranch/cabin gun. Everything is in good, functional condition.

If anyone is interested and/or wants more information, please contact me directly by EMAIL at vonweigert(at)earthlink.net

The Price is $320 + shipping

Southern California Residents: Price is $320 for PPT at local gunshop in Temecula or Murrieta (I am not able to travel any further than this), or $300 if someone wants to come out to my place in Sage (on the eastern edge of the Temecula Wine Country, between Temecula and Hemet) and do "cash and carry" with C&R/COE and save me some time and a drive.

These photos are the best I can do with my little camera....there is no way I would be able to get a photo of the bore with it. I do not have cell phone reception where I live and my phone is an old flip phone, so I can not send photos by text or to a phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Default

Such was the fate of millions of these rifles . You have it priced right IMHO, so good luck some one will get a safe shooter

Quote Originally Posted by retread12345 View Post
    Such was the fate of millions of these rifles . You have it priced right IMHO, so good luck some one will get a safe shooter
    Sir, you are spot-on there. That is a fine old rifle. Were it closer, I'd be very interested.
    Someone will get a good deal, there, IMHO. Tommy

Great rifle; great price.

^^^^^^^^^^