Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default When you absolutely positively have to get there quickly

Back when Domino's Pizza was advertising delivery in 30 min or less this would have been a good "official delivery car" if they didn't cost more than the store itself.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/67...mes-first.html

Cute little car. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

That will get you there in a jiffy!

In high school i had a 426 Hemi Plymouth Road Runner it was fast wish i still had it

Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    In high school i had a 426 Hemi Plymouth Road Runner it was fast wish i still had it
    Back in hi school a friend had one. One Fri.night a guy bet him $100 he couldn't go to Daytona Bch. and back from DeLand, about 20 miles awayin 15 min.
    He came back in between 10 and 15 min. The guy said how do I know you went all the way. My friend gave him a bucket of wet bch. sand, add 5 miles.
    Oh the good ole days......
    Last edited by shadycon; 03-26-2019 at 12:55.
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

Fifty years ago, right after I got out of the Army I went to the 12 hours of Sebring race with a friend of mine. A GT 40 of the Gulf racing team won. The GT40 was long in the tooth even then but the Ferraris and Lolas broke down and the GT 40s soldiered on. Ford has made street legal models of the cars off and on over the years for folks who can pay the mid six figures price.

Several years ago my wife and I went dancing and saw one parked in the roped off area of the lot. Beautiful ride....if you don't mind a big old engine where the back seat would be .
    Last edited by Art; 03-26-2019 at 03:25. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    It would be worth around $100K now in nice shape. All cars during this era were bad about rust though.

Chrysler has come back out with a 426 crate engine with the squatty super charger used on the HellCat engine. They call it the Hellephant. It produces 1000hp and 950# torque while using 93 octane fuel.

http://fcauthority.com/2018/10/mopar...power-to-sema/

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    It would be worth around $100K now in nice shape. All cars during this era were bad about rust though./[/url]
    Interestingly, from the 1960s to the early 1970s Chrysler Corp. rust proofed (galvanized) their sheet metal. It was a relatively expensive process but their cars were a lot less rust prone than the Fords or notoriously rusty G.M. products. My wife brought a 1972 Plymouth Duster to the marriage. We drove it for six years in New Jersey over salted winter roads without a spec of rust. We got rid of it in '78. The car had some issues (inadequate radiator for one) but rust was not among them. About 1974 Chrysler dropped their rustproofing and then they rusted just like everyone else's cars.
    Last edited by Art; 03-26-2019 at 03:38. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by shadycon View Post
    Back in hi school a friend had one. One Fri.night a guy bet him $100 he couldn't go to Daytona Bch. and back from DeLand, about 20 miles awayin 15 min.
    He came back in between 10 and 15 min. The guy said how do I know you went all the way. My friend gave him a bucket of wet bch. sand, add 5 miles.
    Oh the good ole days......
    20 to and 20 back =40 miles. 40 miles in 10 minutes = 240 mph and that doesn't allow time to find a bucket and fill it with wet sand. I don't think I need to add the additional 5 miles in. 15 minutes would be 160 mph. Still a stretch.

Cars maybe don't rust as much anymore and tha'ts hardly a problem in the desert, but they must paint them with water colors now days.

DSC01235.jpg
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.