Thread: P.O.F. No4 MkII

Default P.O.F. No4 MkII

I purchased a 1960 manufactured P.O.F. No 4 Mk II a few years ago. It is all matching numbers except one barrel band is 1959. I know these are not common in the US and was wondering if anyone here may know the value. I also have the correct bayonet for it and although the serial number is not matching it is rather close. The rifle is in great condition.
    I'm looking to sell it and don't want to get ripped by a local gun shop.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    IMG_1354.jpgIMG_1351.jpgIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1353.jpgIMG_1357.jpg

Read this. Not convinced the guy's opinion is accurate though. It appears that most of 'em were FTR'd No. 4 Mk I*'s into Mk II's and not newly made though. Lot of 'em were assembled using parts from anywhere too.
    https://webpages.uidaho.edu/stratton/pakistan.htm
    I'd be putting the thing on one of the auction sites vs a local gun shop who very likely wouldn't know much, if anything, about 'em. Or talk to Joe Salter. He sells nothing but high end stuff. No idea what it'd cost though.
    Spelling and grammar count!

What guys opinion?
    Should you be talking about the link you posted I believe that was written back in 2009. I read that article a while ago. There are no other markings on this rifle to assume that it is manufactured from used or leftover parts.

Blog Entries

someone may pay a small premium for a POF (FTR or not) No 4,

I would price it slightly ($50-100 ) more than a similar condition No 4 Mk 2

Lyman, whats a No4 Mk2 going for these days?

Blog Entries

$550-600+ in the condition your rifle shows in the pics ,
    note,, this is the Mid Atlantic area

I'm on the east coast, NJ to be exact.

Just FYI. In 2017 I paid $400 for a matching POF No.4 MkII without a bayonet or sling. Last year I paid $600 for a matching POF No.4 MkI with the correct bayonet and a sling.

I'll just say you got a better deal than me. I paid slightly more about 3 years ago without the bayonet. I was lucky enough to stumble upon one and rather close to the serial number of mine. Prices seem to be falling from what they were a few years ago even though you paid more for your recent purchase. I may just hang on to it as it is a rarity here in the States. I'm just thinning out the herd some and holding on to the hard to find. I have an Indian I**P in original configuration that I will never sell. Thanks for your help.