Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prayer Request

Yesterday was OK. Did both the morning services. Missed a 2:30 PM meeting. Finally got to sleep about 10 o'clock. Woke up this morning at 7:30 AM. Have been able to avoid taking anything other than Tylenol. Going to see if I can sleep tonight without anything else. We'll see. Got a 10:30 AM doctors appointment. Guess I'll find out what the doctor says tomorrow. Very much appreciate your prayers! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Yesterday was OK. Did both the morning services. Missed a 2:30 PM meeting. Finally got to sleep about 10 o'clock. Woke up this morning at 7:30 AM. Have been able to avoid taking anything other than Tylenol. Going to see if I can sleep tonight without anything else. We'll see. Got a 10:30 AM doctors appointment. Guess I'll find out what the doctor says tomorrow. Very much appreciate your prayers! Sincerely. bruce.
    Update?
    Sam

Tylenol PM works if you have trouble sleeping at night.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    I only take the stuff so that I can sleep. It really hurts though during the day. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow. Sincerely. bruce.
    I'm with you. I only take a prescribed pain killer to sleep. The rest of the time I can pretty much tough it out.

Hopefully you're in less pain by now, will keep you in my prayers.

About to head to the doctor. Up at 6:30 am. No bad pain. First morning hand has not hurt bad. Will have to wait and see what the doctor says. Praying. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Bruce I know what you are going through. I fell three times in 2018 and broke my nose twice, then on 6 Dec. I had a toe amputated because of a bone infection (I am not diabetic). The VA doctors gave me a Rx for Oxycontin... 4 pills. I suffered some real pain and the foot hadn't healed any after 8 weeks. The diagnosis from the VA... we need to amputate your leg from just below the knee.

Hello, goodbye VA! I went to a civilian foot surgeon and he said, and I quote: "They totally f----d this up. They left a infected bone chip in your foot and a sharp fragment on the bone they cut. They did not get all the infected bone and then prescribed antibiotics that were not effective on the 2 bacterias that were at work eating my foot. I was immediately hospitalized, the real doctor operated on my foot and gave me 30 pain pills! Now after 7 weeks the wound is 90% healed. The downside... It cost me (as yet untold) $1,000's of dollars to fix what the VA did. I can't sue them and because I didn't have a referral, the VA won't help. So what? I still have my leg and starting to learn how to walk again.

Bruce, the point is you are receiving good treatment. They are doctoring your pain and you will heal in time. Prayer helps but good doctors can help too.

Good luck and God bless...
    Last edited by RED; 04-02-2019 at 03:10.

Red, extremely sorry to read of your problems! My heart goes out to you. Wonderful that the new doctor has been able to figure out what's and help you begin to get on your feet! I have her church members deal with amputation. It is much better avoid if at all possible. May God bless you with a full recovery! Sincerely. bruce.

- - - Updated - - -

They gave me a permanent cast Tuesday. That was a big improvement over the splint and wrap thing they had me in. X-rays show everything is in place and healing. I have only had Tylenol for the last two days. Very thankful. The doctor spent quite a while looking at everything. He said that there's every reason for me to expect that I'll be able to play the guitar and use my hand as normal. PTL!!! Sincerely. bruce.

8. Default

Knee Mail will be sent!

Had some orthopedic surgery myself 20 Feb. just now saw this. I'm late to this effort but will certainly say some prayers.