Default early match cartridges 30-06 and 30M1

Found some early match cartridges that were used during the 1920's -1930's time
    period[
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RCS; 03-19-2019 at 09:53. Reason: delete

Default wrong cartridges first photo

The first photo is not of any 30-06 match cartridges but of the 30 AMU cartridges developed for
    long range shooting during the late 1950's and up tp 1963-64. These were wildcats based on
    the original 300 H&H case.

Both Remington and Winchester produced factory loadings with 197 gr and 200 gr bullets.

Remington removed the H&H MAGNUM from their headstamp while Winchester used a military
    headstamp of WCC 60dscn3059.jpg

Question for you, RCS....if you suspect that one of these old and collectable cartridges has gone sour on the inside, what do you do? Leave as-is? Deactivate? Dispose? I don't have anything that goes back that far but I do have a fair bit from the 1930's onward, and none of it is getting any younger. I feel like there is a decision looming out there. And then there are the sealed cartons and spam cans.

Blog Entries

old ammo I have found in estates generally have some seepage or corrosion at the primer or neck,

not just old stuff either, I had a batch loaded with VV powders, where the powder soured and caused issues