Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Before listing please go to Gunbroker and look at item 795753498 An officers rifle the selling company is Heritage auctions in Dallas Texas. They are known for anything but conservative pricing. Just compare your rifle to theirs and you will see what you want for a reserve is SLIGHTLY off. Hope this helps.

I ALWAYS look at the GB pictures first, before reading the sales text, IF I read it at all. It was very interesting, in this case, that that my observations matched perfectly.

I see them as being fairly equal, money wise. Neither is a truly high-grade OM. OMs are NOT "rare", just very expensive. If you have the bucks there is ALWAYS a couple for sale.

But, refinishing (and that one's been heavily cleaned) is a REAL drawback. Given roughly the same dollars, I'd take this one in a heartbeat, warts and all, even though it is a more common version, because it just screams "original". Sure, the other one is "pretty" but I'd have to wonder a bit about a type 3 tang sight get on a early narrow-receiver gun, slotted screws on the barrel sight (which doesn't come even CLOSE to a finish match, etc.) and, I could go on.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 02-28-2019 at 11:33.

3. Default

So the OM on Gunbroker has been restored?

You mean the $9500 one? Yes. Refinished and repro rod.

5. Default

Definitely was used a lot, several areas on the checkerboard are smooth57724D08-D1C1-4A69-993A-0440F8B5D958.jpg0669FE19-EC06-4B0F-A7FA-5B2F9F039F3C.jpg

6. Default

I had only seen the 23K rifle.