Thread: SRS

Default SRS

Would anyone be able to search serial # 64750. This is my oldest M73 which is in great shape for its age. There is no cartouche that I can see but it has a strong circle P.
    IMG_1385.jpgIMG_1387.jpgIMG_1389.jpgIMG_1390.jpgIMG_1394.jpg

There is no SRS information for that serial number.

That's a nice rifle

Very nice rifle!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Thank You Tom, would there be anything close to that number? I also have an 1869 cadet model and was wondering if records were kept as to where they were issued? It has a small brass disk on the stock with the number 4 on it and 2 small W's on the left side of the stock. There was at one time letters on the stock in front of the disk but seems someone many years ago decided to remove them : (

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Fred!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You TKacook!

Closest number is far from it not many in the 64-65 M range. And its confiscated alien property in Hawaii 1943. There are a few 69 and 70 numbers listed in SRS.

OK Tom, this may sound funny but what is meant by CONFISCATED ALIEN PROPERTY???

I'd suspect it would be something we stole from a Japanese-American family being sent to the camps. Even given the hysteria of the times, that was NOT a shining moment in our history, in my opinion.

Dick is correct the Japanese on the United States west coast were thought to be alien agents even families with sons in the army. they were sent to camps inland to wait out WW2 . So any Japanese with a firearm had them taken away. Interesting that the Japanese on the Hawaiian islands were not sent to interment camps to my knowledge but disarmed. I do not know why but there are a number of Trapdoor rifle in the records with that same notation? Perhaps used on fishing vessels. Thought necessary at the time and after Pearl Harbor hatred ran deep.

Thanks Tom And Dick Hosmer. I was unaware that SRS would have this information. I just figured they would only have records of rifles being issued to troops. Seems my rifle has been around, NJ is far from Hawaii and has traveled well cared for at that! I suppose many things were done during those times that as Dick stated was not a shinning moment in our history.