Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

years ago the British Enfield No 4 was converted to the 223 cal

2. Default

Friend bought the old Farmer's and Merchant's bank for his office and kept his collection of '03, M1, and U.S. marked M70 in the 12 x 12 vault. It was a tight squeeze.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 05-19-2019 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Giving into temptation has become one of my favorite past times since I retired.
    Scoped M14s are at the top of my list of addictions. All but one of these are built on receivers with integral scope mounts, either M25s from LRB, M21 DMRs or XM21s from Bula Defense Systems. Calibers included in photo are 6.5 Creedmoor, .308 and .450 Bushmaster. I wonder what is next.

Thanks to your dang picture I went out and bought a Springfield Armory M1a standard model. My weak Dolt mind was influenced beyond resistance.
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
    Thanks to your dang picture I went out and bought a Springfield Armory M1a standard model. My weak Dolt mind was influenced beyond resistance.
    Good going.
    Out of the close to 4 dozen M14 type rifles I have built and own, only 1 is a SAI. When they first came out with the Socom II the photo used in their advertisement caught my eye. I think I have "maybe" 50 rnds through the thing. It resides in the back of one of my safes and comes out only for it's annual cleaning and lube.

Good going.
    Out of the close to 4 dozen M14 type rifles I have built and own, only 1 is a SAI. When they first came out with the Socom II the photo used in their advertisement caught my eye. I think I have "maybe" 50 rnds through the thing. It resides in the back of one of my safes and comes out only for it's annual cleaning and lube.
    I bought a SA Socom about 5 years ago. It wouldn't group better than 8-9 inches at 100 yards. I sent it back to Springfield Armory to have them check it. They sent it back with a note saying they had recrowned the barrel. They sent a target with it with a 1 inch group shot a 50 yards. Had my buddy who is a 3 award expert Marine rifle instructor take it out and he still could not get better than 6-7 inches at 100 yards with the gun. IMO, that is unacceptable for a $1600 gun. I have since heard from several gunsmiths that Socoms do not seem able to shoot well. Let us hope this standard model does better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
    I bought a SA Socom about 5 years ago. It wouldn't group better than 8-9 inches at 100 yards. I sent it back to Springfield Armory to have them check it. They sent it back with a note saying they had recrowned the barrel. They sent a target with it with a 1 inch group shot a 50 yards. Had my buddy who is a 3 award expert Marine rifle instructor take it out and he still could not get better than 6-7 inches at 100 yards with the gun. IMO, that is unacceptable for a $1600 gun. I have since heard from several gunsmiths that Socoms do not seem able to shoot well. Let us hope this standard model does better.
    It's all in the barrel. Yank the Socom pipe and install a decent barrel.

7. Default

Gone on a real bender I see...good for you!

It's all in the barrel. Yank the Socom pipe and install a decent barrel.
    I figure for a $1600 gun it should shoot right as it came from the factory. I sold it with full disclosure to a guy who said "No big deal, I'll get it to group". Hope he did.