Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Giving into temptation.

Giving into temptation has become one of my favorite past times since I retired.
    Scoped M14s are at the top of my list of addictions. All but one of these are built on receivers with integral scope mounts, either M25s from LRB, M21 DMRs or XM21s from Bula Defense Systems. Calibers included in photo are 6.5 Creedmoor, .308 and .450 Bushmaster. I wonder what is next.

Maybe ... 7mm-08? Or perhaps a .22-250? The first would of course offer little beyond the 6.5 Creedmore. But the .22-250 would very likely give fine results on the range. In the woods and fields it would offer almost immediate follow up shots for multiple varmint opportunities. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Thanks Bruce. We'll see what Bula comes up with next.

For anyone interested, this is an old photo of some of my standard M14 type rifles. I have added about a dozen since this was taken and more on the way. Only SAI I own is the Socom II in the foreground. Whatta hobby.

"]
    Last edited by nf1e; 02-22-2019 at 02:57.

It is wrong to have so many, when some of us have none. Give me one. Any one.
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

Very nice collection My wife told me if i get one more rifle i will be sleeping in the garage lol

You need a rifle rack or one or more large safes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are all well secured when not posing for the camera.

After the M14 contract was cancelled, TRW built up a few M14 rifles in 5,56mm in an attempt to salvage something.

These TRW M14's used the M16 twenty round magazine. Would not be difficult to profile an M14 barrel in 5,56mm.

The bolt face would have to be reduced for the 5,56mm head diameter. I understand a few of these TRW M14 rifle
    in 5,56mm got into civilian collections.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    After the M14 contract was cancelled, TRW built up a few M14 rifles in 5,56mm in an attempt to salvage something.

These TRW M14's used the M16 twenty round magazine. Would not be difficult to profile an M14 barrel in 5,56mm.

The bolt face would have to be reduced for the 5,56mm head diameter. I understand a few of these TRW M14 rifle
    in 5,56mm got into civilian collections.
    New information, never heard about those. Thanks. I think I am pretty well set for this lifetime. I find myself shooting bolt rifles more and more recently.