Default Local gun theft makes national news

Yep, I just bought a used S&W 22S pistol from these guys in Dec. (It is only about 1/2 mile from my house.) The rumors locally are pretty wild, the #1 talk around the table at the local coffee and breakfast old farts club, is that the first break in was at just after 1:00AM and 3 burglars are seen on the video. Then, they returned a couple of hours later, stole even more guns and this time there were 4 bad guys.

Why weren't the cops there shortly after the alarm went off?

Another rumor says the cops (as of 13:00 hours today) know who the bad guys are. It took days for the combined forces of the local police, the Ark. State police, the FBI and the ATF people to figure out the place had been cased before the break in... the bad guys knew exactly what they were after and where it was. You have to remember that every white person in Arkansas is a racist, sexist, bigoted idiot, but (rumor) it took the owner of the store before the investigators realized that 95% of the 6,000 residents of Prairie Grove are white with the rest being blacks, hispanics, native Americans, and asians. The examination of the video is rumored to show they were black.

If that is correct, the video from the past 14 days likely had pictures of the bad guys faces as they cased the store.

The $10,000 reward hasn't been claimed.

Rumors rumors....

https://5newsonline.com/2019/02/17/p...e-burglarized/

The rumor of two break ins may be based on the 1:09AM video and the report says the break in happened 3:xx AM.
    Last edited by RED; 02-19-2019 at 03:43.

They may be waiting to see what these joker's try to do with the guns they stole and who buys them. Just a little bit of waiting may yield big results.

Now Red, if these fellows are not allowed to obtain their weapons without restraint, how will the average thug in our cities get hold of a "stolen weapon"? I suppose that you would expect the perps to be arrested, convicted, and jailed for their crimes. These actions would simply complicate the lives of people trying escape from poverty and discrimination. They could expect to be released from jail early since criminal law reform has become to mantra of the day. Anyway, it is plain to see that our friends the dems need these convicted felons to register and vote in the next election. As a gun owner yourself, I do not understand why you object to impoverished minority individuals obtaining firearms any way they can. And Red, remember that the local politicians and police are on their side. Regards, Clark

Local gun theft makes national news
    Red, it seems to me ,after reading your post, that the owner had a real shixxy alarm system and a possibility of no one monitoring same. I normally accept your posts with some doubt and curiosity as to the content. I don't understand what the gun thefts and law enforcement has anything to do with race of the perpetrators. I was in LE for 20 years and and every alarm was required ( if they wanted quick police response) to come into the department through a central receiving monitor on the dispatchers desk. It printed out location and time and date. The patrol unit was then dispatched , all of this was recorded on 24 hour tape for back up of response time. I will admit that are some slack LE officers on departments around the country and deserve criticizing but not all based on one incident. If the information is correct , as reported on TV, sounds like to me a possibility of an inside job. I worked a case in my town where a gun dealers alarm went off and a patrol unit arrived at scene within 3 minutes. I was called out and the only point of entry was a hole in the plate glass window where a cement block had been thrown threw the window. Nobody went in and out of that hole. Called the owner and he immediately started claiming a huge lost. When morning came I received a list of weapon (approx 50-60) handguns,shotguns,and rifles. I requested a list of all the weapons and receipts where he had received them from a distributor. All the weapons were confirmed as being in his inventory at the time of the incident. Each weapon description and serial number was entered into the FBI NCIC ( National Crime Information Center). I explained to him by entering this information that if any of the weapons serial nbrs. were ever questioned that it would be classified as stolen and my department would be immediately notified and ATF and FBI contacted for follow up. As you stated, talk around the table, rumors,rumors. I would bet someone at that store has a little information. In 20 years of LE I never heard of someone B & E and come back for a second time couple hours later. It was unanimously agreed that the perpetrator had the alarm code, removed the items ,exited ,reset the alarm and then tossed the block through the window hoping the glass would shatter. But it didn't, just left a hole. Maybe someone here has but it sure sounds weird.
    Just my thoughts and running off at the mouth a little.

john in SC
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 02-20-2019 at 07:26.
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN COOK View Post
    Red, it seems to me ,after reading your post, that etrators.the owner had a real shixxy alarm system and a possibility of no one monitoring same. I normally accept your posts with some doubt and curiosity as to the content. I don't understand what the gun thefts and law enforcement has anything to do with race of the perpI was in LE for 20 years and and every alarm was required ( if they wanted quick police response) to come into the department through a central receiving monitor on the dispatchers desk. It printed out location and time and date. The patrol unit was then dispatched , all of this was recorded on 24 hour tape for back up of response time. I will admit that are some slack LE officers on departments around the country and deserve criticizing but not all based on one incident. If the information is correct , as reported on TV, sounds like to me a possibility of an inside job. I worked a case in my town where a gun dealers alarm went off and a patrol unit arrived at scene within 3 minutes. I was called out and the only point of entry was a hole in the plate glass window where a cement block had been thrown threw the window. Nobody went in and out of that hole. Called the owner and he immediately started claiming a huge lost. When morning came I received a list of weapon (approx 50-60) handguns,shotguns,and rifles. I requested a list of all the weapons and receipts where he had received them from a distributor. All the weapons were confirmed as being in his inventory at the time of the incident. Each weapon description and serial number was entered into the FBI NCIC ( National Crime Information Center). I explained to him by entering this information that if any of the weapons serial nbrs. were ever questioned that it would be classified as stolen and my department would be immediately notified and ATF and FBI contacted for follow up. As you stated, talk around the table, rumors,rumors. I would bet someone at that store has a little information. In 20 years of LE I never heard of someone B & E and come back for a second time couple hours later. It was unanimously agreed that the perpetrator had the alarm code, removed the items ,exited ,reset the alarm and then tossed the block through the window hoping the glass would shatter. But it didn't, just left a hole. Maybe someone here has but it sure sounds weird.
    Just my thoughts and running off at the mouth a little.

john in SC
    "I don't understand what the gun thefts and law enforcement has anything to do with race of the perpetrators." OK let me explain it to you. First of all, it was the police looking at the video that determined they were black and that was an important clue. The thieves knew exactly where the guns were at in the store which is an indication that they had "cased," the place. The store had videos of every customer that has been in the store over the previous days and weeks. The store is located in a town of 4,300 people that is populated by 95% + caucasians. Therefore the police thought they should first study the store's tapes to see if any of the 5% of black customers came into the store and looked at guns. An investigation has to start somewhere. If you have video of a 6 foot blonde woman committing a crime, why would you be investigating 3 foot male midgets?

And yes, it urns out the bad guys were in fact bad boys that are ages 14 - 16. And, YES they were all black And yes, nobody knows why there wasn't an alarm that alerted the police. And yes, the perps left the store and came back 2 hours later to steal more guns and ammo. And yes, the store owner is the one that says they broke the glass door to gain entry, NOT ME.

BTW, how big was the town and department that you were with? Prairie grove has 10 police officers total and a part time dispatcher. I am not sure that the city of Prairie Grove even has somebody on duty 24/7. I don't make stuff up, and screw you for saying I do.
    Last edited by RED; 02-21-2019 at 06:20.

Blog Entries

had a few in this area as well

one was a couple of shops in SW Va that were hit by the same gang,

not a bright bunch, all were caught,

several others in the area over the years, I think one was suspicious, and may have been an inside or owner done job, the rest were caught relatively quickly,

knew a guy that owned a pawn shop,
    criminal type broke in by knocking a hole in the wall in a blind corner,
    happened to be over the electrical panel,,,, parted the wires and crawled thru,

did not get much, but the owner was distressed , he could not understand how someone could pull on those wires and luck out ,, as in not get electrocuted,,

Here's the local news report on the arrests.

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2019/...-theft-in-pra/

Blog Entries

glad they were caught,

Some of the guns have been recovered, O'Brien said. Investigators are working to recover the rest of them, but O'Brien said he did not want to elaborate on that part of the investigation.
    wonder where they were headed?

A trio of nit-wits smashed a car through a gunshop door the next town over from me. Stole a whole bunch of guns. They were caught 3 days later when they showed up at a store in my town to sell them. Store owner is a retired cop. While he had the doofuses there he "called some friends to see if they'd be interested." They were.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.