Default later barrels on earlier receiver seriel

ie; 11-18 barrel on a may dated receiver.

Were some receivers barreled later in the year from their manufacture serial number?
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Not likely, 'Ferris' book tables show close correlation with all manufacturers.
    Remington had a few discrepancies of a couple months. They had difficulty with receiver and extractor steel quality that summer and had a hard time keeping up production. So may be possible a receiver was held back. Production was winding down by end of year.
    So what maker is the rifle, any other signs of a rebuild?

Eddystone.... and yeah was rebuilt they were all rebuilt. LOL I see the chart showing on page 88 showing 15 months fron jan of 17.

So that would be may of 18 with my serial range, 535,XXX.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

These rifles were rebuilt at many different times. An early rebuild would most likely have a spare replacement barrel while by WW2 they were out of barrels and had two companies making replacements. The barrel marked 11-18 was when the war ended and just may have become part of the parts replacement inventory.

Later barrels on earlier receivers is very common if the rifle has been overhauled. Serial numbers and barrel dates on original rifles, however, match very nicely.
    J.B.

It common to have a 3 month offset on receiver dates vs barrel datres.

7 months makes it likely a replaced barrel.

Actually 3 different stamps on the 1917 barrels, HS, JA and Rock Island (I think Rock island used HS supplied barrels with RI initials on them)