Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Don't forget either an M48 (Bausch & Lomb) or an M49 (Argus) military finish spotting scope from WWII, with fiberboard case, and an M14 or M15 Tripod, also in appropriate case! Or a pair of same vintage USGI issued binoculars.

The M48 was also first known as the M4 and some are so stamped (pre-war, as the Civilian B&L "NRA Model" and was war early issue - and much harder to find. By the end of WWII, the M49 had taken over, although you will find plenty of pictures of M48s in use during the war. Standard eyepiece was a 19.5 on the M48, with 13X and 26X eyepieces available - I have a Marine Corps issue M48 with the 19 and the 26 power eyepieces in the fiberboard case.

The M49 soldiered on into at least the 1980's/1990's. A lot easier to find. CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

"...butt stock gear..." Cleaning pull through, patches, jags and an oiler. What sling was issued would depend on when the rifle was issued. Plus a bunch of where it was issued.
    "...Looking at period pictures..." Most of 'em show the standard 1907 leather sling.
    All Remington '03A4's were made in 1943. That doesn't mean that particular rifle was issued then or even close to 1943. The sling would be the same as any other 1903A3 or M1 Rifle though. No special slings for snipers.
    Spelling and grammar count!

3. Default

Well you guys made my life easy. I have a nice WWII marked canvas sling, everything for the butt stock, and that's about it. Spotting scope would be nice but not a must for me. That just leaves scope caps. I have the muzzle cover. I can't see them lasting too long in the real world.
    Last edited by Punch the Clown; 05-14-2019 at 05:34.

If you are actually going to shoot it a modern day cheek riser will help tremendously. I only have repros, but they do shoot.

5. Default

The last 03-A4 rifles were made at the end of 1944. If I wanted it to be correct I would use either one of the flat buckle canvas slings or a 44 or 45 dated M1907 leather sling.

6. Default

Thanks guys. Now I'm trying to complete my M24. I was lucky to get just about everything with the kit. I just picked up a flash hider-expensive! Now I need a killflash and I think I'm there.

7. Default

Hey Punch,
    I have an M1907 leather sling, think it would be perfect.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jacksimonton View Post
    Hey Punch,
    I have an M1907 leather sling, think it would be perfect.
    Yeah but I'm dealing with 1907 tastes on a web sling budget