Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Snowflake Special

GWLA #147. Dang, I enjoy this hobby more every day.

She is the " Snowflake Special ".

2. Default

Would look good mounted in the back window of a Ford Pick Up! Nice job, thanks for posting.

Nice rifle. NATO blue or blue gun?
    Last edited by gwp; 01-31-2019 at 07:11.

After you've finished with the farm tractor colors how about automotive colors like metallic/metal flake maroon, British racing green, Navy blue and so on? Those colors would look nice against a few gold plated components too.

Then there is Boyd's. They may not make the colors you want for the M14 but they might for others that you have.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/gallery#colors
    Last edited by Allen; 01-31-2019 at 07:29.

I bought an M1A in a stock like that once. Ugly brown if IRC. It wouldn't shoot worth squat, so the old guy gave me some money back so I could buy a new stock. I got a camo laminate. It shot loads better once glass bedded into that! Got hard up while going to college and sold it. About a year after that I discovered it was a Devine, TX made rifle!
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    I bought an M1A in a stock like that once. Ugly brown if IRC. It wouldn't shoot worth squat, so the old guy gave me some money back so I could buy a new stock. I got a camo laminate. It shot loads better once glass bedded into that! Got hard up while going to college and sold it. About a year after that I discovered it was a Devine, TX made rifle!
    I have had excellent results with USGI fiberglass stocks provided they are straight to start with and the stock ferule centers on the front band.
    Most of what is working for me are the second generation USGI with the knurling on the pistol grip and the front of the stock. As long as they are tight and maintain draw pressure, they are good to go.

GWLA receiver spring/ball windage detent functional using SAI parts.

Snowflake special has company.

Yep, she looked lonesome so I used a couple of Dupage H&R kits on Fulton receivers. Barrels on these are med. weight 19.5" Bula NM. Headspaced Bula bolts to 1.633.
    Now the decision on what color these stocks will end up is in the thinking department. Red and White comes to mind.
    Don't worry Hawk, your kits will be going on these after paint.

How did you ever find anything at Dupage? I've been watching their site for years and haven't ever found anything worth having. They don't list much and what they do have is about retail priced. They do have a few items though with ridiculous low prices that are of course always "sold out" making it pretty transparent they never had the item in the first place. I believe Dupage used to be Paragon and they had some good stuff but that was long ago. Just wondering. I'm not the first one to make this claim.

Saw it mentioned on another forum and jumped on a couple of kits for $400. each. When they arrived and I saw they were like new I tried to order a bunch more but the price had gone up to $500. and a limit of 1. Ordered the one and it was great.
    Guess when it happens, it's over in a flash. The stocks that came with the kits were all very nice birch and refinished great. Three on the left came from the kits. They are just hanging in my shop getting an occasional coat of BLO added.

Last edited by nf1e; 02-02-2019 at 03:04.