Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old men

Quote Originally Posted by Greyjoy View Post
    i have a bad back now. its painful and slows me down
    Have you had it checked out? A simple X-ray often will tell your dr what the problem is. He might send you for PT if it’s arthritis and/or muscular weakness. My therapist taught me several stretching and core strengthening exercises that helped to solve my arthritic back problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I wonder how much, how strong and how often you would need to drink the lemon juice or lemon juice mixture to aid with the kidney stones but not cause side effects like heartburn and excessive acid on the teeth.
    You don't need much at all. Just a few drops in your water or soda once or twice a day. It's not to dissolve stones. It's only there to keep the dust as dust so it can pass.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    You don't need much at all. Just a few drops in your water or soda once or twice a day. It's not to dissolve stones. It's only there to keep the dust as dust so it can pass.
    Thanks.

It seems like this would be more common knowledge to the point of everyone doing it. I mean WTF wants to get kidney stones? If it works then great. If it doesn't then we've added a little flavor to our drinks.

Blog Entries

I wonder how much, how strong and how often you would need to drink the lemon juice or lemon juice mixture to aid with the kidney stones but not cause side effects like heartburn and excessive acid on the teeth.
    not a lot,

just a wedge in a glass of water (or if you cheat, tea) or a glass of grapefruit juice, orange juice etc a day will do,

heck, maybe even a lime in a corona (if you can stomach that nasty beer) will do,

something in the citrus changed in your system, and does not dissolve the stones or stop them from forming, but coats them or makes them smoother so the pass easier, vs being spikey and sticking/tearing on the way out

supposedly a smooth stone passes before they get too big,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    not a lot,

just a wedge in a glass of water (or if you cheat, tea) or a glass of grapefruit juice, orange juice etc a day will do,

heck, maybe even a lime in a corona (if you can stomach that nasty beer) will do,

something in the citrus changed in your system, and does not dissolve the stones or stop them from forming, but coats them or makes them smoother so the pass easier, vs being spikey and sticking/tearing on the way out

supposedly a smooth stone passes before they get too big,
    Thanks.

I would go with a mimosa or whiskey sour before attempting another corona (both have citrus). That stuff reminds me of what you hear about the water in Mexico. Don't like Samuel Adams beer either--it's strong and cloudy--nasty to me. Right now I'm just adding a little concentrated lemon juice and Splenda to my drinking water or tea.
    Last edited by Allen; 03-22-2019 at 10:45.

Blog Entries

Thanks.

I would go with a mimosa or whiskey sour before attempting another corona (both have citrus). That stuff reminds me of what you hear about the water in Mexico. Don't like Samuel Adams beer either--it's strong and cloudy--nasty to me. Right now I'm just adding a little concentrated lemon juice and Splenda to my drinking water or tea.
    nothing wrong with cloudy beer,

if God had wanted us to filter beer he would not have given us livers,,

(supposedly a ben franklin quote)

anyhoo,,,a good Belgian Wit with a slice of orange is good too

If citrus acid in orange juice helps with kidney stones what is the purpose of calcium enriched orange juice?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sako View Post
    If citrus acid in orange juice helps with kidney stones what is the purpose of calcium enriched orange juice?
    for those that need calcium for their bones

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    for those that need calcium for their bones
    I take it that is tongue in cheek. My point is-- if the citric acid in orange juice dissolves calcium then why bother to add it to orange juice if it is only going to be dissolved by the citric acid in the juice?

It doesn't dissolve calcium. It only helps prevent it from binding into larger pieces within the liver.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**