Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Old men

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    It doesn't dissolve calcium. It only helps prevent it from binding into larger pieces within the liver.
    no so much,

not dissolve, it is changed in your body to coat and smooth out the stones, vs rough edges (as I mentioned previously) making them easy to pass,,

and kidney,, the liver is for filtering beer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sako View Post
    I take it that is tongue in cheek. My point is-- if the citric acid in orange juice dissolves calcium then why bother to add it to orange juice if it is only going to be dissolved by the citric acid in the juice?
    the truth is , re the calcium in OJ and whatever else, is it is a marketing campaign to get more sales, thinking folks will think it is healthier than it already is,

not really sure how much calcium is absorbed thru OJ,, but I am not a doc, (but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn, just not last night)

A change in direction [ if OK] How about a stroke on your 65th birthday. That will take the wind out of your sails!
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    no so much,

not dissolve, it is changed in your body to coat and smooth out the stones, vs rough edges (as I mentioned previously) making them easy to pass,,

and kidney,, the liver is for filtering beer
    A slip of the lip and you were all over it!
    Thanks for the catch
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by shadycon View Post
    A change in direction [ if OK] How about a stroke on your 65th birthday. That will take the wind out of your sails!
    Well that ain't good.

You may have to become like a lot of older women and not declare any more birthdays.

A stroke can be worse than having a heart attack.

Blog Entries

there is no direction here, not at all,

sorry to hear about the stroke,

how are things down in Hillsville? got a friend that lives not too far from you over in Draper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    A slip of the lip and you were all over it!
    Thanks for the catch

That was going on 3 yrs ago, along with total hip replacement in '96, and pulling all the muscles in my lower back in mid '80's I can still get my own firewood.
    Well it's a little dryer and slowly warming. Won't be long before me and the grandson can go to our backwoods shooting range and waste some bullets.
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

That was going on 3 yrs ago, along with total hip replacement in '96, and pulling all the muscles in my lower back in mid '80's I can still get my own firewood.
    Well it's a little dryer and slowly warming. Won't be long before me and the grandson can go to our backwoods shooting range and waste some bullets.

It doesn’t sound like the stroke caused any permanent damage. Good for you. The are no wasted bullets, only wasted opportunities. Tell us what you and the grandson like to shoot.

8. Default

I am 70 and got diagnosed with PARKINSONS ABOUT 5 years back, then developed an irritated prostate and bladder . Had a couple biopsies. Taking 50 MG
    MYBERTIQUE daily and has helped me sleep all night . No liquids after 6 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    It doesn’t sound like the stroke caused any permanent damage. Good for you. The are no wasted bullets, only wasted opportunities. Tell us what you and the grandson like to shoot.
    We shoot everything; 3/4 bore black powder ships cannon. Made by my older brother who was a machinist. #28
    TSMG [semi], M1 carbine, AK74, Mini 14, Pistols, 1899, 30-30 Marlin, Rem. Fieldmaster 121,shotguns.........
    I reload for most...........
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retread12345 View Post
    I am 70 and got diagnosed with PARKINSONS ABOUT 5 years back, then developed an irritated prostate and bladder . Had a couple biopsies. Taking 50 MG
    MYBERTIQUE daily and has helped me sleep all night . No liquids after 6 pm
    my Mother, 77, was diagnosed a few weeks ago,
    her brother was diagnosed last year,

she just left to drive down to see him to compare notes,,

my Grandmother, their mother, died from it 15 yrs ago or so