Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Major Winters of Easy Company mentions having a full auto M1 that was field modified.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Sometimes, when you remove the trigger spring housing and reinsert it backwards (not easy to do) it will
    result in full auto fire.

The British did conduct secret experiments with a gas trap M1 rifle serial number 7114 which was converted
    to fire full auto. The story is in Billy Pyle's book "The Gas Trap Garand"

At 8 rds per enbloc that's a lot of reloading.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

"8rnds...lot of reloading"...... I have a select fire .380 PP (8rnds) that has a rate of fire of 900-1000rpm.....the sear mechanism includes a forward bent L just above the shooters flesh between the thumb & fore finger.......keep the sutures handy.???!!!!!

PJH
    Last edited by heckinohio; 01-27-2019 at 04:57.

5. Default

Not very practical. The M-14 was a failure in the full auto mode, too light for the round.

6. Default

Well, according to MAN AT ARMS a few issues back there was featured a Winchester made WW II. full auto M-1 it had a perfunctory 10 rd magazine, which could have been modified
    to hold more ammunition. I don't recall if the receiver was modified with a charger clip slot, similar to the M 14. Only 2 0r3 were built. This is a good looking rifle, and modification was surprising simple

the Italian B59 was basically a Garand modified to select fire and magazine fed.