Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 1942 Remington 1903 stock question

Hi, does anyone know the approximate month Remington used pinned stocks on there 1903 model?
    thanks

Seasons' Greetings!

10-42.

Happy New Year!

J.B.

3. Default

thanks scott

4. Default

Is that the only month the pins were used?

5. Default

A 1903 Remington is on Gunbroker now with that date barrel and a pinned stock. However the stock appears to have cut outs for an O3A3 handguard. Would this be original ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    Is that the only month the pins were used?
    Remington used pinned stocks from about 10-42 through mid-1943.

J.B.

- - - Updated - - -

A 1903 Remington is on Gunbroker now with that date barrel and a pinned stock. However the stock appears to have cut outs for an O3A3 handguard. Would this be original ?
    Not likely. But the serial number would provide a more conclusive answer.

J.B.

7. Default

Looks like 326k but photo is blurry, Stock has FJA and crossed cannons without the RA stamp. Condition not that good so may be an assembly. I appreciate the information on the pin time frand. I guess the very late rifles may have the cuts for the O3A3 handguards, but not the RA stamp?

Looks like 326k but photo is blurry, Stock has FJA and crossed cannons without the RA stamp. Condition not that good so may be an assembly. I appreciate the information on the pin time frand. I guess the very late rifles may have the cuts for the O3A3 handguards, but not the RA stamp?
    I assume you mean 3,260,000. A rifle in that serial range would NOT have an M'03-A3 stock. And you are correct. The very late Remington M1903 rifles had M'03-A3 stocks.

J.B.

9. Default

Thank You

10. Default

Would the late 1903 Remingtons with the 03-A3 stocks have the RA stamp? SN 3355909?