Thread: Yes!

Default Yes!

Daughter called me mid shift, apparently the store had been sent too much pork and was discounting it. Said to move things around in the big freezer and I was surprised with what she brought home. 9 packs of baby back ribs and 4 large roasts, going to have some good eating. Tomorrow will be bringing home 5-6 turkeys so we will be set for some time. Taking two packs of ribs to the Pastor on Sunday as we will need the room.
    Sam

Re:Yes! Praise the Lord! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

If it wasn't the middle of winter it would be a good time to have a family reunion cookout, especially with the new additions to your home.

My son used to work at the zoo in Gulf Shores, AL ( "the little zoo that could" ). Many of the animals there eat vegetation. The kitchen for the animals constantly chop up strawberries, lettuce. apples, grapes and such. The main provider (for free) are the local WalMarts that donate fruit and veg that are too ripe, old or bruised to sell. They do the same with meats that reach expiration dates for the meat eaters at the zoo. The animals eat well.

Just left the church on my way to the nursing home. Checked in with the men who stock/run our food pantry. They were very disappointed to find that there was some stock that had not been properly rotated ... so far out of date as to not be usable. Extremely good cause to use FiFo rather than liFo for handling stock/inventory. Right now they are going through everything to see if any other items have to be pulled out. Sad to have to dispose of food items that in every respect look fine. A number of cans were 2 years beyond expiration but most of the stuff was no more than 5-6 months. Still, have to use good sense. Don't want to make anyone sick w/ something that is possibly spoiled. Still, sad. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

5. Default

The local grocery store (a Kroger owned store) has a day old meat section with heavily discounted meats such as .99 hamburger and $2 pork or steak packages. The trick is to know when they put the stuff out.

Just came back from town, picked up turkey's @ .68 per pound and more pork roasts @ .98 per pound. Got a spiral sliced ham for dinner tonight, had to take out vacuum packed cooked turkey to put the rest of the meat in. Poor Wolf and Mickey will have to have Mac and Cheese with turkey while Samantha and I will get the ham.
    Sam