Default SRS check on probable DCM sales rifle

Serial number 1212091. I believe the rifle was originally built with a low number receiver which was later exchanged for this one. Thanks!

Yes it is listed.

Blog Entries

Nice find Irl. Good to see you back.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Thanks! How have you been? Find any nice rifles lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    Yes it is listed.
    Thanks Tom. It was sold by the DCM as a 1903A1 on July 7, 1936 to Dr. Vernon C. Branham, Fallsburg, NY

There were a lot of DCM Sales rifles in the 1.21 million range, and most are listed at 1903A1. Mine is 1211304, also listed as a 1903A1 in the DCM Sales records, with SA/SPG cartouched stock and no P proof. It appears the rifle was new and unissued but had the stock changed to A1 configuration when it was sold in June of 1936.
    Last edited by Johnny P; 01-01-2019 at 11:54.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ismith View Post
    Thanks! How have you been? Find any nice rifles lately?
    One or two! Been shooting more than searching.

Dr. Branham seems like an interesting character. Lots of tidbits of data to research on him.

I think my DCM 03A1 is the same as yours, restocked and put into storage for sales.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

In 1936 you could buy an unissued 1903 style S service rifle for $41.36 or the 1903A1 rifle (stock changed) for $42.22. At the same time the 1903A1 NM was $53.10.

Blog Entries

Irl, what's your plans for the rifle? Or are you looking to purchase it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Irl, what's your plans for the rifle? Or are you looking to purchase it?
    Waiting for it to show up at my FFLs. I will likely replace the barrel and see how it hunts.