Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

While I wasn't disputing your word I guess it looked that way. I write from my experiences here and assume they're the same all over. I've been to the store many times in the early hours (4-5am) and had to wait at the only register that had a light on and wait for a cashier to show up. All the WM's I shop at are open 24/7, only closing on Christmas morning for a few hours but some do close at 11 or 12pm mostly in cities that have a few that run 24 hours. Things may have changed recently but when I shopped very early the self checks were not open due to needing a human to oversee them. These 24hr stores traditionally operate with a skeleton crew during off peak hours. My most recent findings are they have started doing that during the busy hours as well, even at Christmas. I've been advised by some employees that the plans are for all the stores to go to self check system with only one or two manned registers like I mentioned with my first comment. The trend here is that the smaller chain grocery stores are coming back to life.
    Last edited by Allen; 12-28-2018 at 06:32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Not theft, but getting even for lack of sufficient checkers.
    theft is theft,

your getting even is still theft,

even it the self checkout attendant is busy with someone else,

and yes, I have prosecuted for it, and won,,,

your getting even is still theft, -

My girlfriend works at a Big Store. As a boot camp Greeter she asked a Mexican to see his receit. He knocked her down and got away(not a big getaway,since he just went to the parking lot and got in his car and drove away). After the tears and stress she learned you don't intervene. Since then she has witnessed numerous theft's. Maybe for fun, I'll hang around the Big Store and be a detective.
    I've thought about the leniency that big stores accept. I could walk out and wave a receit from a week or so ago and be gold. I don't do that. And neither do the majority of Americans, well except those schooled elsewhere.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

17 stores is not a big deal but it may show a reverse trend.

Management just doesn't understand nor do they want to understand. Even the WM employee's complain about conditions.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/w...172456954.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    your getting even is still theft, -

My girlfriend works at a Big Store. As a boot camp Greeter she asked a Mexican to see his receit. He knocked her down and got away(not a big getaway,since he just went to the parking lot and got in his car and drove away). After the tears and stress she learned you don't intervene. Since then she has witnessed numerous theft's. Maybe for fun, I'll hang around the Big Store and be a detective.
    I've thought about the leniency that big stores accept. I could walk out and wave a receit from a week or so ago and be gold. I don't do that. And neither do the majority of Americans, well except those schooled elsewhere.
    it is about percentages,

the shrink percentage that is acceptable by corporate may be higher, or lower , than what that store has,

while some areas have higher shoplifting rates than others, fact is more shrink is caused by paperwork errors, shipping\receiving issues and employee stupidity in more stores that shoplifting is,,

also, employee theft is usually about the same rate percent wise as customer theft