Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strangely quiet

Blog Entries

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    What's this about headspace in an SMLE? Everyone knows that rear lug guns are of an inferior design for longevity because the receiver will stretch the same way that a longer rope stretches more than a shorter one. Short bolt throw is at best a pedestrian virtue. All praise to the Mauser brothers for showing us the way.
    Feeling a little facetious today, are we?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Feeling a little facetious today, are we?
    Tongue firmly in cheek.

I wonder if this was a case of Trump the hotelier out-ranking Trump the politician.

Bump stocks got around the automatic weapons ban on a technicality. I was surprised they weren’t banned from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Bump stocks got around the automatic weapons ban on a technicality. I was surprised they weren’t banned from the very beginning.
    Agree. but they weren't. A worthless piece of plastic but they were deemed by the BATF as legal. Now they are admitting their mistake and not offering any compensation, just banning. What's next? Criminals are NOT affected by bans, restrictions and laws.

"...BATF deemed these things legal..." Not their place, job or mandate to make laws about anything. They're unelected civil servants.
    It's highly unlikely The Donald even knows what a 'bump stock' is. This is most likely one of his staffers, who may be colluding with your Democrats(Schumer, Feinstein and Pelosi), to pass useless legislation. Or possibly as a bribe to get The Donald his Wall money.
    "...taking private property without due process of law..." Precedent was already set. Done when the ATF confiscated the semi-auto M-14 receivers after they came up with their "Once an MG, always an MG" dogma, several years ago.
    "...inferior design for longevity..." Nonsense. The SMLE design is still being used by Indian Police, et al. No other bolt action battle rifle can make that claim.
    Spelling and grammar count!

8. Default

First question is how many people actually own a bump stock? Second question is how many actually use it? I suspect that this ruling realistically affects about 10 people in the country.
    Also, cant think of an example but I suspect there have been many items that were legal and then became illegal.

9. Default

I was going to add the bigger concern in my opinion is something like the 10 round mag capacity law recently put into affect in New Jersey. Apparently It is a felony.

Simply another mindless trespass by the government on the rights and responsibilities of the common citizen. On one hand, we are releasing convicted criminals from incarceration, simply because they belong to a client minority, while we are wasting time banning a plastic device that is of little use to anyone. Members of a duly elected administration are being hounded by false charges and unhinged innuendo, while multiple members of the guilty losers are given a pass by our very own judicial and law enforcement agencies. Local governments are ignoring Federal law at their convenience, with no repercussions from any quarter. The xxxxxxx and their ilk must be thrilled beyond ecstasy. Regards, Clark