Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strangely quiet

Default Strangely quiet

OK guys, here it is. Do you support the President’s bump stock ban?

Mixed feelings at this time.
    Sam

I'm with Sam just don't know what to think , but sometimes we may have to bend a little.

kurt

Blog Entries

no

Here we go again. I've already made my position known on previous bump stock threads.

I can see this topic going the way of those now nauseating threads on the SMLE forums in regard to head spacing. Page after page, three times a year, for 25 years. People repeating everything which has been said repeatedly on all the previous threads with no definitive answer in the end.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

NO. Not the way it is being done. The BATF deemed these things legal from day one. They were legal when everyone bought one. Now the Trump administration has banned them and demanding destruction or turn in within 90 days. I assume fines and or jail time will take affect after that. No compensation at all at time of writing. This is over-reach and could apply to anything if passed as is.

No I don't.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

I do. It was completely irresponsible to let something like that get started. But it's done now. Just like allowing tens of thousands of "asylum seekers" pour into the country. It's stupid but it's being done and it can't seem to be stopped.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

What's this about headspace in an SMLE? Everyone knows that rear lug guns are of an inferior design for longevity because the receiver will stretch the same way that a longer rope stretches more than a shorter one. Short bolt throw is at best a pedestrian virtue. All praise to the Mauser brothers for showing us the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump stocks: you wonder what other possibilities will be discovered in existing law going this same route. Congress should have done it, not the DOJ+BATFE.

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    I'm with Sam just don't know what to think , but sometimes we may have to bend a little.

kurt
    Bend a little in the shower and see what happens.

This is a horrible precedent -- taking private property without due process of law.

And WHY? What will this accomplish? Nothing!