Default Do y'all ship scopes via Ups ?

Tried to ship a scope via Ups 3rd party store and was refused. Called corporate to ask what was the issue they told me that any part to a gun could not be shipped. This is Ups policy. UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law. (Note:Receivers or frames of a firearm and firearm mufflers/silencers (also referred to as suppressors) are considered "firearms" and are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS's requirements for shipping firearms.) I must be missing something????

Blog Entries

nope,

oops stores suck,

ship USPS, faster, and usually cheaper,

boxes are free, you just need to get some bubble wrap,
    you can even generate and pay for the postage online (Priority) and print, apply , drop off,

you can also do Fedup and OOPS online, but they still cost a bit more,

OOPS does accept firearms and parts, but it is best to ship Firearm, and any ORM-D/Limited Quantity item via the OOPS hub, not a store

Yep! USPS is faster and not as finicky. I have shipped guns with them many times in a plain box. They only ask if there are lithium batteries, toxic chemicals, etc. Never if it is a firearm. Always ship overnight, insured and reciepient signature.

I buy gun related stuff all the time. It has to travel by USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. That's what they are in the business for. I've never had anything denied. Most of the time they don't even know what is in the boxes. Guns, frames and receivers of course get shipped to a dealer and not directly to me.

It sounds like you went to the UPS STORE and not a regional UPS terminal. The stores are not owned by UPS, the personnel may be less than brilliant and they don't understand the laws so they will refuse a lot of items. I've even had them tell me to take gun stuff to UPS for shipping and not them. The stores are convenient and the UPS terminals are not. Best to just ship by someone else as noted above.

Blog Entries

went to a UPS (I tend to call them oops since they tend to mess up around here) Store (franchise owned) once with a box of ammo to ship, boxed, proper ORM-D labels etc, ready to go

was told they do not ship, or receive ammo, never have, never will, not legal, blah blah blah,

so I politely asked why, and got a lecture on policies that apparently applied only to that location,

meanwhile behind the clerk was a stack of ammo cases,
    so I politely asked that if you don't ship or receive, then why is that stack of ammo behind you,,,

clerk got pissy, and turned and left,,

so I drove to the hub, in and out in a couple minutes

6. Default

Ship the scope as "optical equipment" and insure it as such. The UPS stores are a joke, USPS is my first choice.

I've shipped many scopes USPS Priority Mail, haven't lost one or had one damaged yet.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

I don't ship a damned thing via UPS! If I have a choice when having items shipped to me, I specify ANYONE BUT UPS.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    I don't ship a damned thing via UPS! If I have a choice when having items shipped to me, I specify ANYONE BUT UPS.
    +10