Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .22 LR revolver

1. Default

I have 6" five screw K-22. Great gun but I would like to replace the firing pin; not available.

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    I have 6" five screw K-22. Great gun but I would like to replace the firing pin; not available.
    My Dad was a hobbyist gunsmith and worked on many guns belonging to others including those of the local police. Due to the days before the internet and 6-8 weeks shipping time thru catalogs, he simply made most of his parts and hardened them.

I know this floating firing pin is tiny and hard to make but I wonder if those that fit the later style 17/617 could be made to fit. Assuming yours has worn, perhaps a decent welder who works on small items could build up the tip and file it down to shape.

Ebay has the floating or "frame mounted firing pins" for the center fire pistols. Most of the work is done, I wonder if one could be modified to be used on a rim fire cartridge?
    Last edited by Gun Smoke; 11-30-2019 at 07:48.

I have a 617-1 10 shot that I really like. Can't say anything bad about it

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Just ran across this. From what I read the J and K frames take the same firing pins (if floating type). This one is pricey but available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-Model-3...4AAOSwbXddax0W

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
    Just ran across this. From what I read the J and K frames take the same firing pins (if floating type). This one is pricey but available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-Model-3...4AAOSwbXddax0W
    Page is gone. Most of the sites for Smith firing pins specify not for rimfires, won't fit older models. I need to take it out and compare to my more recent 17-3?. Welding may be the answer but I think I'll have to make one.