Default Trapdoor bayonet

Just happened to see this bayonet and scabbard listed on E bay. Have never seen one and was wondering if it is as rare to validate the asking price? Looks to be in great shape. From what I have read only 500 of these were made but does not mention these markings. The photos will not enlarge on my computer to look closer.https://www.ebay.com/itm/31094264566...MakeTrack=true
    Last edited by Carlsr; 12-02-2018 at 09:56.

Hello Carl
    Below is mine that I bought years ago, I don't think I paid half of what that is listed for, but like I said it was years ago.
    I do see them come up once in a while and I think that will be there a while so you can search around and see if another pops up or you can find another and see if the price is comprable
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

Thank You 45govt. That's a nice looking scabbard and bayonet! I tried to get it for less but the seller won't budge on the price. He also has a model 1874 experimental bayonet for 25.00 less.

Thanks Carl

I was reminded to advise you that you will need the modified prairie belt with the three rings for that scabbard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

…and that will cost more than the bayonet.

That seller has offered some VERY good, and rare/scarce, merchandise over the years, and he knows exactly what he has - you will find no bargains/sleepers from him. I've never dealt with him, but have certainly admired several of his offerings.

Thanks Dick. He does have some fine items. I found another listed at Clark's Antiques but the leather is not in great shape and seems to have no markings. The price for that one is 275.00 so another 125 for what looks like as new is not much to ask I guess???

I'm sure it would 70ish. I'm not much of a belt collector but more into rifles and bayonets. I just can't get myself to part with large amounts of money for accessories as it takes it away from another rifle LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Are there inspector and arsenal marking on it? If so what are they?