Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Yes, I know, there is no place in New Jersey I have not been, One of my favorite places in Jersey was on the east side south of the GWB. Navy Arms was too conveniently located. And then there was Yonkers, New York; I was at Homefield Deli when a man walked in looking for someone to repair a rifle, if there were 20 customers in the deli 12 of them pointed straight at me. I was assured by all it was OK to help him out. He was headed for a flea market north of Boston.

F. Guffey
    sounds like an interesting story!

Yes, I know, there is no place in New Jersey I have not been, One of my favorite places in Jersey was on the east side south of the GWB. Navy Arms was too conveniently located. And then there was Yonkers, New York; I was at Homefield Deli when a man walked in looking for someone to repair a rifle, if there were 20 customers in the deli 12 of them pointed straight at me. I was assured by all it was OK to help him out. He was headed for a flea market north of Boston.

F. Guffey
    Is there a difference between an interesting story and fiction ? In a Deli ,20 customers, someone looking for gun repair and (in a Deli again) 12 point you out. Either famous or well known.

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Blog Entries

local deli, close to his shop?

4. Default

Is there a difference between an interesting story and fiction ? In a Deli ,20 customers, someone looking for gun repair and (in a Deli again) 12 point you out. Either famous or well known.

john
    After repairing the rifle I sked him what he expected to sell the rifle before repairs. He said was asking $120 before, I then asked how much he wanted after repairs. He said he would sell me the rifle for the original asking price of $120. And then I cautioned him about the rifle; I explained to him it was one of the few rifles built that would fire after cocking by pulling the trigger back or by pushing the trigger forward. The rifle was a large shank/small ring Mauser. The rifle was in pieces, seems someone wanted to sporterize it. Problem: They could not get the front band off by sliding over the front sight.

I chambered the rifle to 8MM06 and then headed for the range. I was told the rifle would blow up because of the thin receiver.

F. Guffey

You don't get the point...
    john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

6. Default

You don't get the point...
    John, yes I do, and then there is the book of vanity. In the book of vanity it says it is far better to receive the rathe of a wise man than the rhetoric of a fool.

Point? If I tell you a chicken dips snuff all you have to do is catch the chicken and then check under its wings to see which side it carries the can.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 12-06-2018 at 12:35.

7. Default

What is the serial number of the rifle? IF I remember right they started at 3,000,000.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by retread12345 View Post
    What is the serial number of the rifle? IF I remember right they started at 3,000,000.
    If you are asking me I will go dig. Because it is a Remington 03 without the A3 I thought it had to be a 1942 Remington A3. Without a scope it is one of the most accurate rifles I have, there is a chance I have Mausers that are accurate but I do not have Mausers that are accurate with the original sights, all of the accurate ones have scopes.

F. Guffey

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    . . . . . . but I do not have Mausers that are accurate with the original sights, all of the accurate ones have scopes.

F. Guffey
    The mere presence of a scope doesn’t make any rifle “more accurate”.

It DOES, however, allow YOU to shoot it more accurately!!

(There are those who can shoot the SAME rifle just as accurately with both irons AND glass.)