Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Friday Sales

Anybody doing this, I am. I need a potable table top saw to do more of my construction, Lowes has a Kobalt on sale for $179.00 reg is $299. Store open at 0600 and it will be 24 degrees. I am up early so that is no problem, I just don't like going out into the cold! My new Ford F-150 has a great heater so no problem there, Wolf will expect me to then take her to McDonalds for breakfast, buttered biscuit, 2 strips of bacon and yogurt. My wife got Wolf started on yogurt, I can't harbor the taste of the stuff. I like buttermilk but my wife and daughter abhor the flavor...go figure!
    Sam

"What's all this about Black Friday Sales? Blacks should not be sold on Fridays or any other days!"

2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

JB - you ignorant slut.....

Have a great thanksgiving and thanks for the smile

Steve

Sir sounds like you will have a really nice day enjoy and get your portable saw Happy Thanksgiving

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dobek View Post
    JB - you ignorant slut.....

Have a great thanksgiving and thanks for the smile

Steve
    his meme made me snicker,

your comment made me LOL.

from back when SNL was actually funny

Roseanne Roseannadanna ( Gilda Radner, Gene Wilders wife ) from the old SNL shows from the 70's.

Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Anybody doing this, I am. I need a potable table top saw to do more of my construction, Lowes has a Kobalt on sale for $179.00 reg is $299. Store open at 0600 and it will be 24 degrees. I am up early so that is no problem, I just don't like going out into the cold! My new Ford F-150 has a great heater so no problem there, Wolf will expect me to then take her to McDonalds for breakfast, buttered biscuit, 2 strips of bacon and yogurt. My wife got Wolf started on yogurt, I can't harbor the taste of the stuff. I like buttermilk but my wife and daughter abhor the flavor...go figure!
    Sam
    Check out the fence on that saw. A table saw is no better than the fence system they have. It should lock down securely and be in near perfect alignment with the blade otherwise you will get a lot of lumber thrown back at you. The cultures in yogurt are good for dogs. Under vets recommendations I have given my grandpuppy Purina Fortiflora every day for the past 7 years. It has cultures like yogurt and cured numerous digestive problems that he had.

Happy Thanksgiving guys

Sam, I'll second Allen's comments and add another opinion. When buying a portable table saw, opt for a 10" over a 8 1/4-8 1/2. You'll probably never use the full blade height with a 10" portable, but it's there should you ever need it. Also, it seems the smaller blades are getting harder to find these days while there are blade-tooth combinations a-plenty in the 10" line. Comes in very handy should you ever need to install composites such as laminate flooring etc.
    If the 8 incher is the one in your sights, be sure to buy some spare blades at the same time so you won't have to search for one later.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving guys

Sam, I'll second Allen's comments and add another opinion. When buying a portable table saw, opt for a 10" over a 8 1/4-8 1/2. You'll probably never use the full blade height with a 10" portable, but it's there should you ever need it. Also, it seems the smaller blades are getting harder to find these days while there are blade-tooth combinations a-plenty in the 10" line. Comes in very handy should you ever need to install composites such as laminate flooring etc.
    If the 8 incher is the one in your sights, be sure to buy some spare blades at the same time so you won't have to search for one later.
    Nope, going for the big boy! Getting ready to go out the door just as soon as I finish my coffee and put a few more brick in the wood burner. Temp is 25 degrees and a little cool outside. This afternoon the new living room furniture that the "Boss" ordered two weeks ago is to arrive. Wolf will be upset that she is not allowed on it, will have to settle with her large pillow that Mom made for her...Wolf is a little spoiled! By the way, my wife has already taken possession of the saw along with the other power tools!
    Sam

When you said:
    I need a potable table top saw to do more of my construction....
    I assumed you meant 'portable' as nobody drinks those things anymore.

This past Labor Day weekend I too bought new furniture. At first I was looking to simply replace the sofa, then buy two recliners when LazyBoy offered their annual two-fer sale. After finding the sofa I wanted and realizing each matching companion piece was also a zero clearance recliner, I didn't buy the set. I bought the entire display. Lamps, tables, throw rugs.... Talk about an impulse buy!
    I don't let dogs on the new stuff either. The ugly girls all have to sit in the kitchen.
    Last edited by JB White; 11-23-2018 at 11:53. Reason: Thai po