Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearing aids

Blog Entries

Default Hearing aids

If you have VA hearing aids, you might ask your audiologist to take molds of your ears and give them to you. They are better than 33db....nearly silent.

I will ask for ear molds at the next appointment.

Did this 30 years ago. Even if you don't have hearing aids the audiologist will make molds for a reasonable price. They work really good.

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

I don't get it? Ear molds to make you hear better? How can that be?

I think he means that he uses them for ear plugs when shooting.

Would these work better than the foam ear plugs? The type I'm speaking of you compress by rolling with your thumb and index finger then stick in your ear. It then expands out to the shape of the ear canal. This is what we used to combat the extreme noise at the refinery I used to work at. We had these things everywhere laying around in tubs and dispensors for us, the contractors and anyone else was going out into the noise areas.

Blog Entries

Yes, I mean to use the molds as ear plugs. When they take the mold, it is almost completely silent, you can hear your heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Yes, I mean to use the molds as ear plugs. When they take the mold, it is almost completely silent, you can hear your heart beat.

Might be worth a try. I’ll be seeing my audiologist soon and I’ll see if she’ll make me a pair. My left ear is really weak and the right ear isn’t much better.

I wear both foam ear plugs and industrial ear muffs simultaneously to try to protect my worsening hearing from further damage. I don’t know how any soldier or marine who fired a .30-06 rifle during WW1 and 2 returned home with anything close to normal hearing. The .30-06 was as loud then as it is now and can cause considerable hearing loss if protection isn’t used.

I thought audiologists only worked the sound boards at concerts. The things I learn around here. Amazing!
    BTW, I don't want hearing aids. No way am I letting some gay guy near my ears.
    Last edited by JB White; 11-09-2018 at 05:27.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    I thought audiologists only worked the sound boards at concerts. The things I learn around here. Amazing!
    BTW, I don't want hearing aids. No way am I letting some gay guy near my ears.
    That's the newest disease -- Hearing AIDS. You get it from listening to A-holes.