Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bump Stock Buy Back

Delaware now has a law making it illegal to own a bump stock. As a matter of fact, the Delaware State Police will pay $100 for a bump stack and $15 for a trigger thing (never heard of something for the trigger). Any other states doing this?

Just saw on military channel about the last day of WWI. The armistice was signed 5 am but did not go into effect until 11 am. The bad news is more Americans were killed on this last day (3200, I think) than were killed on June 6, 1944. So sad.

I can't understand why the allied officers still sent men into needless battles only to be killed or maimed.

Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    Delaware now has a law making it illegal to own a bump stock. As a matter of fact, the Delaware State Police will pay $100 for a bump stack and $15 for a trigger thing (never heard of something for the trigger). Any other states doing this?

Just saw on military channel about the last day of WWI. The armistice was signed 5 am but did not go into effect until 11 am. The bad news is more Americans were killed on this last day (3200, I think) than were killed on June 6, 1944. So sad.

I can't understand why the allied officers still sent men into needless battles only to be killed or maimed.
    I haven't heard of any so-called buyback programs in my area yet. Not to say it won't happen now that someone has initiated things.

WW1. Per terms of the Armistice, on 11/11 @11:00, all forces were to cease and desist wherever they were on whatever ground they were holding at that time. Hence to big push to conquer as much territory as possible. It is also known that towns were major objectives if for no other reason than beds, shelter, and showers.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    $15 for a trigger thing (never heard of something for the trigger).
    Maybe a trigger "crank"? These were commonly sold for the Ruger 10/22's back in 70's-80's. Fit other models too.

http://twozprecision.com/product/gatcrank-15/
    Last edited by Allen; 11-08-2018 at 05:01.

I thought the USDOJ was working on a ban, on the logic that they're actually a MG part after all. Did that quietly go away?

I know the gung-ho crew will crucify me again for saying this. I have never seen any need for any device which hinders my total control over a firearm. Holding with one hand and cranking with the other, or letting it flop around loose in my hands isn't going to be done by me.

The only application of a crank trigger I can see is that on the "Gatling Gun" type conversions where the firearms are mounted to various platforms. Very few people have them but those should be exempted or at least grandfathered in.
    I say that in spite of having no practical use for one myself, but they are a bona fide plinkers dream. A novelty item for the most part IMHO. A lot of fun right up there with the semi-auto M1919's etc. They aren't readily transported but are at least controllable in the sense of aimed fire. They'll probably make for good property protection under dire circumstances. Survivalists who plan to stay put could surely use them.
    From what I have witnessed on a couple of rare occasions, simply adding a crank device and letting go means rounds are going anywhere from between the dirt to over the berm. The laughter of the shooters doesn't counter the hazards.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Most bump fire gizmos I've seen advertised cost a lot more that a hundred bucks. So, probably very few will turned in unless completely broken.

Possibly binary trigger? In Kansas any form of gun buyback by the police is illegal....like living in a different country here.

With any type rapid fire device you are merely spraying . Although this worked out for the Las Vegas shooter who was blasting into a solid block of meat it wouldn't be very effective elsewhere and a person who wanted or needed to make every shot count would be better off just shooting semi.

As far as the novelty of it all I've heard of people taking the handle off of the trigger crank and attaching a cordless drill. The fun ends quickly though and Ruger 10/22's are no fun to re-load.
    Last edited by Allen; 11-08-2018 at 06:24.

[QUOTE=tmark;543272.......

I can't understand why the allied officers still sent men into needless battles only to be killed or maimed.[/QUOTE]

I saw those articles, too. It was nuts! The war was over and they were just killing men for nothing.

jn

Chess pieces. Generals. War. Blind obediance. Ignorance.
    A long time ago here in AZ there was a gunfight in the Galiuros mtns. The old man wasn't going to send his boys to some stupid war.
    They holed up in the cabin and held out. As usual, it didn't turn out well.

Dang, I hate to sound liberal, but how did the ATF not clamp down on bump stocks? It's all great fun until someone gets hurt.
    You think Trump is bad? If I was president... Super Mario. That's all you get.
    Last edited by dryheat; 11-09-2018 at 10:44.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.