Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

When was the last time there was a buy-back of controlled substances or counterfeit money ? And they can't "buy-back" what they never owned in the first place.
    Don't own a bump stock myself, but opposing ownership of them-something of a Fudd attitude. Fudds being our internal enemies. Collaborators so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by USMilitaryGuy View Post
    I own zero bump stocks.

I own zero $1,000 shotguns.

I own zero pre-1840 weapons.

I own zero automobiles with an acceleration speed of 0 - 60 mph in under 8 seconds.

I own zero head of cattle.

I own less than 10 acres of land.

I own zero airplanes.

I own zero four-wheel drive pickups.

I own zero tractors.

What I do or do not own should not be a concern of someone that does own one.

I own six routers. They enable me to improve my ability to make accurate joints in my woodworking. How many do you own?

I own two snowblowers. They allow me to clear my sidewalks faster than the neighbor with his shovel. How many do you own?

I own one cannon. It allows me to educate people about Civil War weapons, modern machinery techniques, and CAD operations. How many do you own?

I own thirteen US military handguns. They allow me to educate people on the evolution of equipment - specifically weapons - used by the US military. How many do you own?

I own seven computers and one tablet. They allow me to be more productive in my work and educational efforts. How many do you own?

It is reasonable that you would not own things that I do - especially if you do not do the things I do.

It we are actually going to discuss the ownership of things that make firearms "effective", let's talk about - laser engraved stocks, engraved revolvers, gold inlaid receivers, or rifles that cost more than $400.

It will be difficult for me to explain what you might be missing, if you are not receptive to discovering this on your own. Children are taught in school. As you get older in age, you are expected to teach yourself - or at least seek further education on your own. If you would like me to teach you on methods to increase the accuracy of your woodworking joinery, understand how you can build an accurate one-half scale cannon from photos in a book with a well equipped metal shop and woodworking shop, or be knowledgeable on the evolution of military weapons; I can help with that - but you have to be receptive to learning. No, I seriously do not believe your last sentence is a request to learn.

Truthfully, you will most likely not be sacrificing anything that you don't already have. Which kind of is my point in the first place.

"I don't have one. It won't cost me anything to lose one. I have no idea why you would want to have one, so I don't care if you lose yours."

I only hope that when you do decide you need something "later", it will be available. Unfortunately, it too might have been determined to be "unnecessary" - most likely by someone that didn't see a need for it earlier.
    So long as you wish to start a scoreboard, I'll go along.

3 routers and one dedicated to a router table. Personally owned. Not business property. I also have half a dozen skilsaws and as many sanders and....it's a very long list and most are set up for dedicated purposes.
    2 snowblowers. One for the walks and one to clear the alley from the garage, down the block and into the street. I work along with my neighbors and our paths are cleared, cars shoveled out before the first city plow can make it into the neighborhood.
    I do not own a cannon but a friend owns a repro Wiard Rifle. Close enough?
    Only two military handguns, Down from my younger days when I owned many more handguns than I still do long guns. (3 safes full and one dates from the Crimean War) Younger people are now enjoying and studying my old collectables. Close enough?
    7 computers? My my how impressive. I have no need for that many. Desktop, laptop, and a tablet and I consider myself over techno'd. You need yours for work. I'm retired.

Ornamentation and fancy woods are a very harmless preference. Why did you even go there???

I am very receptive contrary to your accusation. Many here are. You are having a difficult time explaining because you have nothing. You took the easy bailout. Sidesteps and bailout. What you also lack at the moment is foresight and skill in negotiations because this is where bump stocks are taking us. The stocks are their meal ticket right now.
    They are pretty much useless except for wasting ammo and giggles. So, when they introduce legislation to ban superficial items it's going to be a very long list to fight. Their target is Bump stocks and Las Vegas. Take the bump stocks out of the equation and they'll be stymied for at least a good while. They are JUST A TOY.

All in all it's been a couple of long winded replies and probably a waste of time to most of this forums readers. You still haven't justified keeping bump stocks. Lots of words and fluff don't make concise answers. (They taught me that in school)
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawknj View Post
    When was the last time there was a buy-back of controlled substances or counterfeit money ? And they can't "buy-back" what they never owned in the first place.
    Don't own a bump stock myself, but opposing ownership of them-something of a Fudd attitude. Fudds being our internal enemies. Collaborators so to speak.
    Buybacks are lame. And I shot my mouth off way too fast about machine guns. A responsible person can jump through the hoops and in a year or so buy a full blown machine gun.I've fired a few machine guns that were legally purchased. Way bigger than a stupid bump stock which is something Yahoos get. The BATF scrutinizes some things and then let's something as stupid as bump stocks get under the wire. I remember that goofy crank thing for triggers from years ago. I paid so little attention to it I don't know if it's still around. Yes, clamp down on nut jobs. She was a little right, Vet's(happy veterans day) can be a little out there. Some of them were from the get go.
    Stupid ventures into Ooga Booga land aren't what we should be doing. Catalyst anyone?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Bump Stocks are the antithesis of precise, controlled marksmanship. They are toys for jerk offs who just want to make noise.

And jerk offs can make a lot of noise with regular guns. A lot of people are irresponsible with their guns. They are the one's that drag cathode t.v.s out in the countryside and shoot them along with water heaters. It's childish. Hopefully they grow out of it. But it's pretty harmless(but is pisses me off). Everyone is kind of a dumb ass when they are young, unless they've had some good guidance from real actual mom's and dads. I remember a story about a rancher up north who bought a old ranch. He said, when he was a kid him and another kid shot the heck out of the corrugated metal roof. Then he bought the ranch and had to repair the damage. Maybe there's a lesson there.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.