Default $15 per hour at McDonalds...really???

I posted a while back about the McD's near me. I rarely stop there when passing unless I'm up for a cheap snack as soon as I get home. My previous post was about being asked in the drive-thru whether it "was for here or to go".
    Figured he was used to working the front counter and it simply slipped out, so I replied "Make it for here". Dang! The only thing stopping him from serving me "for here" was the fact he couldn't get the tray through the drive up window. He tried though!

Last night I noticed the place was nearly empty so, a get-it-quick snack was game. I ordered 2 cheeseburgers and a small fries. I was then told to proceed to the window. She said that will be $2.21 which I knew was wrong. So I asked to read back my order. Mind you she already had my bag in hand. Her answer was "toe chess-berker y no bun". I didn't realize my English was that bad!
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Mac D should have a 3rd window for correcting your flubbed up order!

3. Default

Window 1 for English
    Window 2 for spanish

Unelected civil servants get skilled wages for unskilled work too. The so-called 'City Engineer', who I think is a domestic engineer, up here, thought you could tunnel through sand for 60 million. No wait. Make that over 200 hundred million.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Unelected civil servants get skilled wages for unskilled work too. The so-called 'City Engineer', who I think is a domestic engineer, up here, thought you could tunnel through sand for 60 million. No wait. Make that over 200 hundred million.
    Somehow this is connected to McDonald's?

Want to know what I really think about McDonald's? I hate the place. They haven't done anything thoughtful in thirty years. Now, they want to get cool with some lame-assed remote ordering. If they haven't figured out that the incredibly loud beeper that tell's the idiots that the fries are ready, is annoying, then they don't deserve my business. I'm guessing, in my life time I will see a news thing about McDonald's eliminating the beeper that the fries are ready. I've been long gone, but not so the rest.

Oh. Which is longer? The drive thru at McDonald's or at Starbucks? You can live without food for six weeks, but you drove to Starbucks for coffee? That might be ticketable.
    Last edited by dryheat; 11-08-2018 at 09:56.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Last time I ordered a sausage McMuffin and a large coffee with 2 creamers the person on the speaker asked "What sized coffee do you want?" So I asked, "How many sizes of large coffees do you have?"

But it is not just McDonalds... At Sonic I ordered a hamburger and the idiot asked me if I wanted cheese on that? I said, "Sorry, make that a cheeseburger with no cheese."

and the time at the southern diner when I asked for a BLT with and egg. Nope, stick to the menu. OK, how 'bout a bacon and egg sandwich? Sure. Can ya put lettuce and tomato on that? No problem. Fifteen dollars doesn't get what it used to these days.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

what ever you do, don't try to order a "half a dozen" or a "dozen" wings!!
    and for sure, do NOT under any circumstances as for "right wings only"
    I had some clown looking at them for 15 minutes. at a KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    what ever you do, don't try to order a "half a dozen" or a "dozen" wings!!
    and for sure, do NOT under any circumstances as for "right wings only"
    I had some clown looking at them for 15 minutes. at a KFC
    The "right wing" comment must have thrown them for a loop. They are more familiar with the "Hillary special" being 2 small breast, 2 very large thighs and a left wing.