Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "MSNBC engages in handicapped voter suppression!"

That’s a headline no press outlet wants to see about one of their reporters, but exactly what MSNBC got, when disabled veteran James Berrie garnered national attention for his Facebook post calling out MSNBC’s Mariana Atencio and her crew for blocking, and refusing to move from, the handicapped parking spot outside of his polling place.

MSNBC.jpg
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

And they'll say it wasn't "deliberate."

I googled this and found that the story has been picked up and is getting a lot of press. In fact, it has been picked up by Canada's Global TV network. Serves them right. It would have been tempting to give them a minute or so to get out and then drive the van into the spot over the camera or just wait until they went live and hit the horn. If I seem a little upset, it is because I have a handicapped parking sticker but try not to use the privilege unless I am having an unusually bad back day. Seeing a non-stickered vehicle in a handicapped spot brings out the worst in me.

Pompous, self-righteous, better than Thou @$$holes. As if "WE ARE THE PRESS" makes them exempt.
    I guarantee had they spotted a car with a Trump sticker parked illegally in that very same spot, they'd have been all over it like white on rice.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Pompous, self-righteous, better than Thou @$$holes. As if "WE ARE THE PRESS" makes them exempt.
    I guarantee had they spotted a car with a Trump sticker parked illegally in that very same spot, they'd have been all over it like white on rice.
    Isn't that unfair to assume a Trump supporter is always in need of a handicap parking spot?

"The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Just their bad luck. I always park right next to the blue spot. It's easy to swing into because there's no one parked there and I doubt anyone is going to show up while I'm there to impede my entrance or exit. Some big outlets have ten blue spots. In a million yrs there won't be that many handicapped people who need to go to the bungy jumping office.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Isn't that unfair to assume a Trump supporter is always in need of a handicap parking spot?

This one is!
    Sam

Recently at WalMart and observed car with handicapped license circling looking for a parking spot near the entrance. Most of the handicapped spots were taken by cars without handicapped plates. Called the police department and they told me to tell Walmart about it. Think they left WalMart a book of tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Recently at WalMart and observed car with handicapped license circling looking for a parking spot near the entrance. Most of the handicapped spots were taken by cars without handicapped plates. Called the police department and they told me to tell Walmart about it. Think they left WalMart a book of tickets?
    "Walmart" likely has to call the police to report the parking violation on their property. It's a jurisdictional thing and much depends on the local codes and area agreements....if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post

Only during inclement weather and/or last minute shopping on Christmas Eve.
    Trumper perks aren't as common nor as broad as people have been led to believe. There are certain limits. =^P
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I waited for about 30 years before I got my handicapped parking permit. I always figured as long as I can walk, I will do it.
    Pi$$es me off to see perfectly healthy people take the handicap spot.