Default WW1 SA 1903 question

About what serial number did Springfield start parkerizing 1903s? What if any parts retained their blue/pre-WW1 finish when they left the factory?

Thanks

Parkerizing was phased in at about the same time as the Mark I rifle, which was S/N 1034502. Parts retaining their original blue finish included the front sight movable stud and blade, lower band, rear sight assembly and windage knob, bolt assembly, trigger/sear assembly, magazine spring and follower, magazine cutoff, and perhaps a few other small parts. The receivers also were not parkerized, but neither were they blued.

Good Luck!

J.B.

John you are a 1903 book of knowledge. Always enjoy seeing your quality responses and answers to questions from folks regarding the 03, Ray

John you are a 1903 book of knowledge. Always enjoy seeing your quality responses and answers to questions from folks regarding the 03, Ray
    I hope I live long enough to read his book

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)