Thread: Another Singer

1. Default Another Singer

I haven't seen any comments on this one. The close ups of the roll marks is a bit foggy. Anyone here know anything about it?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788596852
    Last edited by ignats; 10-24-2018 at 07:11.

Pictures so consistently out of focus that markings look fake. A known serial number, but how many are known.

For this amount of money the buyer deserves some form of credible authenticity.

For this amount of money the buyer deserves some form of credible authenticity.
    for that amount of money, the buyer , I think would need his head examined..........

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

5. Default

The serial number of the pistol is 800247 which is documented as being refinished. It seems to have a correct barrel but not original to the gun and that seems to be the case for the magazine and possibly grips as well. Nice correct specimen but not original. I've seen this gun on another forum and have talked to the seller as well.
    /Ken Hill

"Reason is not automatic. Those that deny it cannot be conquered by it!" Ayn Rand

From the ad:

"This is one of the nicest SINGER 1911A1 pistols out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    From the ad:

You've got to admit that it's one of the top 500 Singers.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

It is refinished … nice looking gun but not original!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    From the ad:

Johnny, my reference to "documented could have been clearer. The documentation I refer to is my known Singer list. 247 has been on it for a while as refinished. The barrel, mag and grips are not listed.
    /Ken Hill

"Reason is not automatic. Those that deny it cannot be conquered by it!" Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Having seen S800501 I still agree. Saw it at a show quite a few years back and fake from 10 feet away, but have to give the faker some points for not duplicating a known number.

Bid retraction. It was up to $82K now back down to $70K. I guess the high bidder read this forum or got info from somewhere else that the pistol had been refinished and confronted the seller about it.