Thread: Gun Raffle Luck

1. Default Gun Raffle Luck

A number of months ago I placed a post as to what model 1911 would be recommended to purchase, as I am not much of a pistol guy. A 1911 model was always on my bucket list of firearms to buy. Well the raffle gods smiled and I won $1200 in gift cards from the store who supplied all of the firearms for the raffle. I researched all of the suggestions from the replies of my previous post. Well I purchased A Colt 1911 Stainless Competition. How did I do? TIA

Tony, you did well and it didn't cost you anything. Shoot and enjoy it and then give us a range report. Oh, and post some photos!

leftyo Guest

could have done worse, could have done better.

They are fine guns. Congrats on your purchase, especially how you swung it.

Course if you went low end and went for MSRP on a Rock Island GI 1911, you could have got 2, and a bunch of .45acp with the $300 or so left over if you have to pay sales tax besides transfer cost. MSRP RI GI 1911 is around $399.69.

RHB

While you could have picked out a cheaper priced gun that would have served the same purpose it sounds like you chose exactly what you wanted with the "free money". The Colt brand cost more and will always be worth more. The same can be said about it being a target model and being SS. Also, having won gift cards I assume you were limited to store stock. You did OK.

Like Chaz said. Shoot it, enjoy it. This is something you've always wanted. Congrats.

You bought the pistol you wanted with gift cards you won in a raffle. Good for you! You will much enjoy that very fine Colt! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."