Default ? on stock parts

Anyone know the physical size (length and O.D.) of the stock pin for a P14/P17 stock? The one that holds the lower band assembly in place.

I don’t know the dimensions, but Gun Parts Corp. sells them for $5.20/each. Go to www.gunpartscorp.com and look under Enfield M1917. They call it a Lower Band Pin.

Edit: I took a 2nd look at the pin and it’s currently out of stock.
    Last edited by Merc; 10-14-2018 at 06:28.

Thank you. have found out they measure .110" od X 1.355" long. These dimensions work just fine. The .110 is a standard drill rod just don't remember whick right now.

Good. You may have to fabricate your own lower band pin because they seem to be scarce. I’ve been looking around for one at various on-line parts vendors since you put up your message and haven’t had any success. The lower band pin on my Winchester M1917 was missing when I bought it several years ago and I found one at springfieldsporters.com. Unfortunately, the owner had a medical problem and has shut his sight down while he recuperates. He hopes to be back in business next May but I see that his domain name up fo sale.

If you can find #4 cold roll rod it works just fine, it is .112". I have already make some and installed the one I needed right now. Send me your address and I will send you one.

#35 drill rod is perfect for this , it is what I used.

Jim,

Glad you found something that works. I don’t need a pin and was actually searching for an
    original pin for you. I just mentioned previously that the lower band pin was missing from my M1917 Winchester when I bought it a few years ago and I found one quickly at Springfield Sporters. The front band was also missing. Like most M’17s, it went through a rebuild somewhere in time and picked up a variety of Eddystone and Remington parts. Some didn’t fit very well and others were worn although the barrel, receiver and bolt were in good condition. I found inexpensive NOS Winchester parts online from a variety of sources.

I went to a gun show in Ohio over the weekend and saw a dirty and worn looking M1917 Winchester for sale and the first thing I looked at was to see if all the parts were there including the lower band pin. Everything was present and accounted for. Asking price was $775.

Thanks for the help. One $5 piece of drill rod will make many lower band pins when they are so easy to blue.
    I am building a Remington and a P14 DP Eddystone right now so I do have a few parts. Are you still looking for Winchester parts for your Winchester? I might have a few to swap, I know I have a NOS stock or two. The prices on these unloved things have gone through the roof.

I have a box full of R and E stamped small parts that were originally on my typical mixmaster M1917 when I bought it a few years ago. Currently, the only non-W parts on the rifle are a replacement stock with a “T” stamped on the front tip and an E bolt. Both are in really nice shape. I tried on several occasions to replace the E bolt but gave up when all the W bolts I bought had worn lugs and wouldn’t headspace on a field gauge. I saw no real need to replace the T stock but would hate to pass up an opportunity to acquire a W stock. Send me a PM.