Thread: Family

Default Family

IMG954731[984].jpgIMG954732[985].jpg
    First picture is of my 14 year old grandson Ethan. He is an Explorer at their Sheriff's office and the 2nd is of my son with his son. I kidded my son that the reason that Ethan is taller then my son Luke is all the gear that my son had to jump with. Luke is a "retired" E-5 Ranger with 22 combat kills and is currently a railroad engineer. I am giving my grandson his first pistol from my collection. It is a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Magnum with a custom western rig. The rig will be a copy of one from the 1880's. This week my son confided that the shooting and the skills that I taught him kept him alive. Luke has been shot 3 times, mortared dropped 65 feet away and still carries shrapnel in his right shoulder. Back in 01 when he was still in the 1/504 82ABN I gave him a 1911. He could not take the pistol with him on his first deployment and was stuck with his M9 and M4. In one firefight his M4 stove piped and he had to draw his M9. @ 10 feet he emptied his M9 and was into two rounds in the 2nd magazine when the guy dropped.
    Sam

Sir Thank You for posting this You have so much to be proud of.

They sound like a couple of fine young men, Sam. We need more like them in this country.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

My grandson wants to become a LEO, also when he graduates high school will be going into the military like my son did. Ethan wants to be an MP in the ONG. There is a unit not far from their home. I will be training my grandson in the use of handguns, my son will teach him combat with the carbine. Ethan works a part time job, honor roll, football and soccer is his sports.
    Sam

WOW Sam, my hat is off to you and your fine looking family. Thank God your type is still out there.

Nice post, pictures and info. Also a nice reminder of how useless an M4 and 9mm anything is.

Blog Entries

Thanks for being a father in residence for your son. Glad he's home, safe now. It's a shame that the younger generation has to pay for the check that the older generation wrote and signed. I think each country's check writers should have to go abroad to cashe them themselves.

8. Default

Well done, Sam. Just raising an intact multi-generation family is an accomplishment today, let alone one focused on service.