Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I look at Jim's gun shop if I want something, not many gun shops locally.
    Sam

I have more guns than many gun shops. I buy almost exclusively from Gun Broker and Auction Arms. I, like many of you, really need to thin my herd too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminvirginia View Post
    Looking for a target bolt gun in .223/5.56. Double as a varmit gun. The CZ's would fit the bill nicely I think but I never see them in a store. The best in this type is likely the Sauer STR. Alas, not available in the USA and pricey.
    Have you tried ordering one through Wal Mart?

Another option? My brother bought one of these new back in the 70's. Nice gun. I don't know if they still make them but they can be found on Gun Broker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/781474467

Jim - My buddy picked up a CZ bolt gun in 5.56/.223 (Wilde chambered) at the Chantilly, VA Expo Center a few years ago. It's just off Rt. 28 in Chantilly. He has been happily hitting groundhogs out to 350 yards with it. He has an AR variant, but likes the CZ better and has more confidence in it. There is a Nations Gun Show scheduled there for November 16-18. The same seller is always there and always has reasonably-priced CZs. https://www.dullesexpo.com
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Mostly entry level stuff in the LGS unless you go to a big box gun store. The last bolt gun I bought I had built. A friend just bought a Remington 700 PCR to compete with in 6.5 CM. Appears to be a good shooter for a factory gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminvirginia View Post
    Looking for a target bolt gun in .223/5.56. Double as a varmit gun. The CZ's would fit the bill nicely I think but I never see them in a store. The best in this type is likely the Sauer STR. Alas, not available in the USA and pricey.
    Look at the Savage offerings. If your local Wally World can't get one (As Vern suggests) then your LGS should be able to get one for just a little more. Look at Bud's Guns online. The Savage 110/112 line may not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye but they're known for their accuracy. Out of the box my shooting buddy showed me a 1/2" group out of his Savage 22-250. I thought that was pretty good in itself until he told me his targets were on the 200 yard berm. 1/4moa....out of the box.
    ****Of course, your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by JB White; 10-11-2018 at 08:05.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

8. Default

Did not you could do that. Order firearms through walmart. Will check that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Look at the Savage offerings. If your local Wally World can't get one (As Vern suggests) then your LGS should be able to get one for just a little more. Look at Bud's Guns online. The Savage 110/112 line may not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye but they're known for their accuracy. Out of the box my shooting buddy showed me a 1/2" group out of his Savage 22-250. I thought that was pretty good in itself until he told me his targets were on the 200 yard berm. 1/4moa....out of the box.
    ****Of course, your mileage may vary.
    I got the savage hog hunter in .308. Thinking about now the .223 version may be what I want. Great rifles and in .223 would be inexpensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Jim - My buddy picked up a CZ bolt gun in 5.56/.223 (Wilde chambered) at the Chantilly, VA Expo Center a few years ago. It's just off Rt. 28 in Chantilly. He has been happily hitting groundhogs out to 350 yards with it. He has an AR variant, but likes the CZ better and has more confidence in it. There is a Nations Gun Show scheduled there for November 16-18. The same seller is always there and always has reasonably-priced CZs. https://www.dullesexpo.com
    The CZ look great and get excellent reviews.

As an unintended consequence of gun laws in Colorado and nationally, it is more of a hassle to privately sell a gun to someone than to just keep it. I now have an arsenal like I never had before. I used to like to move a few old pieces then buy some new ones. Now I have enough to stock a small guns shop.
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
    As an unintended consequence of gun laws in Colorado and nationally, it is more of a hassle to privately sell a gun to someone than to just keep it. I now have an arsenal like I never had before. I used to like to move a few old pieces then buy some new ones. Now I have enough to stock a small guns shop.
    If you think it's a hassle now, wait until Polis is Guv'nuh.