Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got a question for anyone.

Is it work if it is fun?
    Sam

Ahh . . . methinks Sam's been having a good time butchering lumber, Yes? That's great, Sam!!!

And in answer to your question, sure, it can be. Sometimes work can be the best sort of fun.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

If its work and its fun, then its a hobby

Work without is a job.

Blog Entries

1965; after graduating from jump school, first assignment was Travis AFB, CA. Couldn't believe they actually paid me to jump and run around in the woods, and shoot all manner of firearms, and best of all, blow things up!

It's a tough job but SOMEBODY has to do it. Personally I would have wanted to skip that "jump" part.

Quote Originally Posted by IditarodJoe View Post
    Ahh . . . methinks Sam's been having a good time butchering lumber, Yes? That's great, Sam!!!

And in answer to your question, sure, it can be. Sometimes work can be the best sort of fun.
    How did you guess, Ah! the sound of a chainsaw in the morning!
    Sam

I could give you a better answer if I had ever found employment in my chosen field. I wanted to be Vice President in Charge of Training and Quality Control in a nation-wide chain of brothels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    I could give you a better answer if I had ever found employment in my chosen field. I wanted to be Vice President in Charge of Training and Quality Control in a nation-wide chain of brothels.
    The perfect job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    I doubt that your bride would have let you continue that avocation.
    Sam

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    It's a tough job but SOMEBODY has to do it. Personally I would have wanted to skip that "jump" part.
    Me too! I spent 3 years in the 101st Airborne jumping out of airplanes and running around in the woods and I didn't like either.