Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Build not your house on sand.

Sounds kind of profitible. Prolific. Profitise. I think I've seen it in the bible. New Orleans; I hope the Newer Orleans has the sense to rebuild upstream. Way upsteam away from the hurricanes.
    Was watching the news and they showed a vid of the beach at the Carolinas. It's a whole 15' above sea level. Nice while it's nice.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-04-2018 at 12:44.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

The water table in New Orleans is such that if you plant, say a tree, it is automatically watered.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

New Orleans is BELOW sea level.
    that is why they have all the walls / levees.
    and it is in the Bible about building on a strong foundation.
    easy to find. go to BiblegatewayDOTcom and type in the phrase "build on foundation"
    Luke 6:48
    he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.

Romans 15:20
    and thus I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else's foundation,

1 Corinthians 3:10
    According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it.

1 Corinthians 3:12
    Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
    Last edited by Former Cav; 10-04-2018 at 09:20.

"...New Orleans is BELOW sea level..." Yep. Bayou is Cajun French for swamp.
    London is built on sand too. Idiot city "engineer"(I personally think she's a 'Domestic Engineer') thought it was possible to tunnel through it.
    Spelling and grammar count!

leftyo Guest

people build below sea level in nw orleans, they build on the side of unstable cliffs in california. they build in flood plains all over the country. they build on the sides of volcanoes in hawaii, it all eventually ends in disaster, yet they keep doing it. what does this tell you about the average person?

[QUOTE][/people build below sea level in nw orleans, they build on the side of unstable cliffs in california. they build in flood plains all over the country. they build on the sides of volcanoes in hawaii, it all eventually ends in disaster, yet they keep doing it. what does this tell you about the average person?QUOTE]

They ain't Average..

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

It's a dream come true -- who would build a city below sea level in a hurricane prone area and fill it with Democrats?

Leftyo: It is useful to remember that half the population is below average (what a scary thought)

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    people build below sea level in nw orleans, they build on the side of unstable cliffs in california. they build in flood plains all over the country. they build on the sides of volcanoes in hawaii, it all eventually ends in disaster, yet they keep doing it. what does this tell you about the average person?
    Just my personal opinion mind you, but in my experience a good percentage of those people who build in unsafe areas are called "developers". Why do they keep doing it? Simple ... money! ... lots of it!!! What troubles me is the apparent (lack of) intelligence of the average home buyer. Some good advice we got when we moved to Anchorage, AK was, "when shopping for a home don't listen to the real estate agent, go talk to an insurance agent".
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Leftyo: It is useful to remember that half the population is below average (what a scary thought)
    very true, and lets face it...average isnt all that good.