1. Default Is this a Bannerman Trapdoor or....

.....is this someone's shop project?
    I got this at an auction the other day, I couldn't resist because the price seemed cheap.
    I honestly don't know anything about trapdoor's, but I spent multiple hours reading this forum and others looking for info.
    I have taken some photos.
    The barrel length is the cadet length at 29.5, the muzzle diameter is .73 inches.
    I tried to show the band spring filler in the pic. There is no top band spring.
    The serial number is in the 530000 range.
    The lockplate is dated 1863.
    I took the gun apart, so I can answer any questions about it internally.
    I'm just curious about these, it seems like a lot of work to go through to put it together, I know it's not original.
    I think the parts on this are worth more than the gun as a whole.
    Thanks for any info!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a mess of .50-70 and .45-70 parts - with no way of telling who put it together. If you don't mind me asking, how much was "seemed cheap"? I wouldn't want to have much over $250 in it. All common parts in below average condition. It's always best to ask your questions BEFORE you buy!

3. Default

Ha!
    Yes, I know. I collect other things and know the tenets of making a good purchase but I couldn't control my hand.
    I'll cough up the price for the common good and as the price for the knowledge. $175.
    I did manage to get two truly original smith and Wesson 1st model second and third issue for really good prices, so I'm happy overall, and I have really enjoyed pawing over the trapdoor and has been well worth th price for the entertainment.
    Thank you for the info!

I would have given that much for it. Paid more for my 1st one before I knew anything. Not even as nice as yours!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

5. Default

Just the lock is worth that price. Good parts gun.

If it looks safe to fire, it might be a good shooter.