Default As We Approach The 100th Anniversary of Meuse-Argonne...

https://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-Litt.../dp/1501117912

Betrayal at Little Gibraltar. Focuses on the battle around Montfaucon, where green US troops attack a strong point in the German line. Nice self-contained read. Recommended.

Is this about the US general who ordered his troops to attack on the last day knowing that the armistice was signed and going into effect in hours? Total waste of life for what? People don't realize that the Meuse-Argonne battle was only about 6 weeks long and we had 26,000 KIA if I remember correctly. I'll try to get the book.

Quote Originally Posted by John Peeff View Post
    Is this about the US general who ordered his troops to attack on the last day knowing that the armistice was signed and going into effect in hours? Total waste of life for what? People don't realize that the Meuse-Argonne battle was only about 6 weeks long and we had 26,000 KIA if I remember correctly. I'll try to get the book.
    Some of what you describe is in there (don't want to give spoilers) but Mr. Walker does justice to multiple angles on the battle, writ large and small. If you read it John, I'll be interested in reading your quick-review.
    Last edited by togor; 11-05-2018 at 01:14.