Default WW1 magazine pouches

I found these two NOS WW1 magazine pouches in my stuff. Anyone know if there is
    anything special about them ? Must have saved them for a reason ?dscn2860.jpgdscn2861.jpg

With the U.S. entering WWI the military issued additional contracts for approximately 3,000,000 Model 1911 pistols, but the war ended before any could be delivered and the contracts were cancelled. They also issued contracts for belts, holsters, and magazine pockets for these pistols. Apparently the contractors for the magazine pockets did a wonderful job of delivering them, and untold millions became surplus after the war ended. Today they can still be found at reasonable prices in unissued condition.

10-20 years ago they were selling for 5-10 bucks in new condition. I bought several different makers cause I thought they would get scares and expensive. They do cost more but are still affordable, not scares but not near as plentiful as before. Nice collectables if you collect such military stuff!
    You can never go home again.

The Mills magazine pockets originally came with a small piece of paper stuffed in one side with instructions on how to maintain the magazines. I have not found it in any of the other manufacturer's magazine pockets.

Mill's is probably the most desirable brand to collect of the web type equipment.
    You can never go home again.