Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default This site is targeted heavily by spammers and hackers

I used to come to this site every day, multiple times. Then for quite some time I didn't use it much at all. Recently I've been checking in regularly and I noticed something. I have been receiving a LOT more spam email since frequenting this site. Also a lot of attempts to get me to log in to bogus sites, I assume to collect personal info on me. Someone has equated my email address with someone named Kurt Princing so I get a lot of garbage using that name. It only happens when I use this site frequently so I can only think that spammers and hackers think this is a good place to gather info. Is there something about this site that makes this easier? Is there something that can be done to combat this? Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Default

Hasn't happened to me.

I have not noticed any increase in Spam.

Default hackers @ spammers

I'm here 5 times a day, not a problem.

I've had no problems with hacking and spam.

Just within the past couple of days I have started getting a lot of spam emails but I've been on this forum steady for years so it isn't coming from here.

7. Default

I'm a creature of habit and this site is the only thing I've added to my browsing for quite some time. I'm baffled....

I guess I should have titled this thread IS this site targeted by spammers and hackers? Sorry, I wasn't trying to be accusatory.
    Last edited by Brad in Idaho; 09-21-2018 at 06:40.

Facebook is probably the largest target of hackers.

Some days I get zero spam and other days I get 20 spam emails. I use yahoo and it automatically by default has a spam feature that sends spam to my spam folder so my regular email folder is inundated.

No problems w/ spam from CSP. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."