Attached Images Attached Images

3. Default

last group of five

4. Default

Last pic, thanks.

5. Default

Forgot to add, took the pic of the barrel channel in the stock. When I saw it at first thought it might be a fill in for cleaning rod channel where a rifle stock had been cut down.
    Moment of panic! It is just staining probably from years of oil and solvent dripping down while cleaning. No signs of any repairs or fill.

I would say its well used. The screw is missing in the butt plate and I guess the spring as well. Just google carbine but plate and look at the pictures after you remove the plate. You will then see what is missing. Also check e-bay as these parts show up and I see a couple of the springs are on now.

Ron
    Take the rear site off and turn it around and it will be correct, and that might line up with the bluing mark.
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

8. Default

Well I'll be .......all the photos I've looked at the last couple of days and never noticed. Explains the buggered screws. Wonder how long it has been that way. Thanks very much.

Added info, just reversed the sight and patina now matches, no signs a Buffington was installed. Now after looking at other pics I think it is the original front sight blade, not a Buffington type. Any thoughts on this, the base and pin don't show any signs of replacement. Thanks.
    Last edited by ronc54; 09-20-2018 at 07:36.

9. Default

Able to get the buttplate off with no problem. Missing the spring and screw that fit under top of buttplate, looks like missing for a long time. Does the end of the spring press against the flat on the hinge plate cam? Place called granpas gun parts has both, could not find the screw on ebay. In any case ordered it and a headless shell extractor. Now need to find a cleaning rod set, look pricey.

Yes it sits on the flat. Sight screws also can be found on line as well.