Default Odd trapdoor upper band

I've had this band for some time. I realized the other day that the U was on the wrong side. It looks exactly like my other bands of this type, but if installed correctly, the U is on the left. Has anyone seen one like this before. My research has not been able to find any others. Maybe just mis-stamped?

Upper-Band.jpgUpper-Band-2.jpg
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

And the "U" is in the center, not at the front edge, right? It's a Remington - they show up on the "fraudulent" Springfields assembled by Bannerman, et al. Never used by SA.

It's in the middle. So what model Remington would have used these? I bought just the band many years ago and put it in an 1884 Trapdoor that needed one.

Thanks!

Sell it as "rare" on ebay! You'll probably get many bids.

So it looks like it fits a Remington-Keene Navy Rifle? Does that sound correct?

Major Tom,
    List is a "rare" arsenal mistake?

I found this picture. Mine even has the relief for the cleaning rod. Never even noticed that before.

If the band has a relief for a side-mounted rod, it prety well has to be for a Remington-Keene (a rifle about which I know VERY little). FWIW, I do not belive the rod in that photo is genuine, but I could well be wrong. Remington DID use two-piece (applied head) on their rods, as opposed to SA, whose rods were homogenous, but the shape was different - that (at least to me) looks like an attempt to create "something" by a person who had never seen an original.