Default pre WW2 Springfield M1 Rifle

I have owned this rifle for a long time and over the years did some restoration as certain parts
    turned-up. The rear sight pinion and flush nut are original and Rick B. had checked the cartouche
    awhile back. The S-A 1-41 barrel has a really nice bore. Note the number of revision 2 parts, the
    operating rod and trigger housing, bolt is rev 2 RE4 toodscn2763.jpgdscn2781.jpgdscn2782.jpgdscn2787.jpgdscn2766.jpg

Beautiful rifle! If possible, maybe more pictures later? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Default more photos of pre was M1 rifle

Here are a few more photos of my Springfield M1 serial number 216130 rifle. The gas cylinder has lost the
    original finish but still has the front sight seal. The rear sight cover is coded and the bolt is shown too. I
    really like this rifledscn2765.jpgdscn2783.jpgdscn2784.jpgdscn2785.jpg

Nice M1
    Thanks for posting your pic's.
    U.S. Army Vietnam Vet '68-69'

5. Default

Thanks for sharing your very nice rifle. I have one from mid year - 234,XXX - that has a Dash - 3 Op Rod and the Barrel Date is, interestingly, right side up - it's also interesting to see how they were updating regularly over a short time span. Looking for a better stock - the GHS I found is barely readable. Pictures when I get the time.... CC
    Last edited by Col. Colt; 09-18-2018 at 08:22.
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor