Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Going price o K98 Non Import??

HI,

What is the going price o a non matching non Russian capture war time German K98 these days? TIA///

All matching #'s with no duffle cut? Early-to-midwar in decent condition? North of $1500 I'd say, if you can find one for sale.

There's an Oberndorf 1942 in a true auction on GB right now.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785554023

Some of the "last ditch" examples are the most expensive, because they are very rare. Duffle cuts are evidence of GI 'bring back' and are easily repaired. At any rate I have not seen any for sale in ages. (auctions aside). I do a lot of gun shows, some are real collector groups. Most matched examples are resting in collections.
    Last edited by dave; 09-22-2018 at 11:48.
    You can never go home again.

Dave, any chance we can get you to talk about one of your more interesting specimens?

I could show pic's of my small collection but that brings out the 'experts' who point out there faults (like they would not have it in their collection). One of my interesting ones is one made for the China contract, Chinese symbols, proofs intact. It never went to China (Japan complained) and was issued to the German North Sea fleet. M/M bolt. Anther is a 100% match K98k with Mauser banner receiver, rifle made about 1941-1942, receiver must have been from the '30's. Several of these came in with RC imports. Mine did not as I have had it for years.
    Tried to post a pic. but system has changed and could not do so.
    A non-detail pic of my K98k's can be seen in post below titled "drool".
    Last edited by dave; 09-23-2018 at 12:50.

No comments? Or was this just a "gotcha" request? I have couple other scarce models. But most are just run of the mill 'bring backs'.

Oh! I guess the only comment would be: nice job! Younger guy question for you-- There was a time when bringbacks weren't that big a deal. Sure they were cool to some but the market was limited. It's different now. Would you say there was a moment in time when it started to take off? I've heard it said that SPR bumped demand. I don't know about that, but I do think the internet did raise it. Any thoughts?

It's surprising the market for 98's has taken off the way it has. Even the RC models are selling for stupid money now. Even WW2 German handguns are jumping up in price. P-38's, Lugers (both wars) and just about anything else with a swastika on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    It's surprising the market for 98's has taken off the way it has. Even the RC models are selling for stupid money now. Even WW2 German handguns are jumping up in price. P-38's, Lugers (both wars) and just about anything else with a swastika on it.
    P.38s! I have a few, Walther-made. Yes the prices are bumping up after staying flat for a long time. There are a lot of them out there. One of mine is a 7xxx L-block AC44 with minimal use on it. Produced during the Battle of the Bulge. Probably got issued and scooped up by some GI in short order in '45. Still reasonably well made considering the circumstances but the short cuts are apparent compared to a '43 or earlier gun. The war is lost but people are still showing up for work and pounding out weapons to fight it.