Thread: 2 tone mags

Default 2 tone mags

I have a couple 2 tone mags an a few other WWII mags with a letter stamped on the tab.

with the 1911's coming out through the CMP I'm guessing these will have some value beyond just another spare mag, no?

Anyone have any idea what these go for?
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Depending on the maker? G on tab a little higher. The other letter on tabs 35-75. 2 tone 55-100 or so. Any with Lanyard Loop? I would hold off on selling for a few weeks, until they receive their 1911s.
    Last edited by 1563621; 09-11-2018 at 04:04.

Thanks for the reply. None with a Lanyard loop.. I'll dig em out and let you know what I have
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

The G on the toe were field replacement magazines manufactured by General Shaver Division of Remington Rand, and I have seen obscene prices paid for them thinking it was the correct magazine for a Remington Rand pistol. The M. S. Little Co., and it's sub-contractors Scoville Manufacturing Co. and Risdon Manufacturing Co. remained the prime contractors. Right at the tail end of Remington Rand pistol production when production was being shut down the General Shaver magazines were used in new production, but otherwise the General Shaver magazines were replacements.