Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a pinned A3 stock that I'll never use. Boxed FJA with crossed cannons near the cutoff, some wear but both clearly visible. "OG EK" rebuild mark on it further back, and a boxed OG on the left side of the wrist. A few scuffs on it but overall a nice looking stock.

Only metal is the rear band retainer. You'd need a bushing for the rear guard screw as I commandeered the original for a different project. No buttplate either. Possibly a hint of a hairline crack just staring behind the receiver. But you need sharp eyes to see it. I don't know if you're looking for a pretty stock or a sturdy one or both. But there's a reason they went back to bolts.

PM if interested. Can provide photos. This is a piece of wood that could use the right home. Not going to ask an arm and a leg for it either.

Rick is correct concerning the stamps. However, I’m sure Findley would comply with any advance instructions to only repair the damage and stay away from the original stamping. Or, you could pass on this one and keep looking, or explore togor’s stock.
    Last edited by Merc; 09-15-2018 at 08:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Rick is correct concerning the stamps. However, I’m sure Findley would comply with any advance instructions to only repair the damage and stay away from the original stamping. Or, you could pass on this one and keep looking, or explore togor’s stock.
    I'm sure you're right, but if it were me, I'd prefer to find someone else to do the stock without the ethical "baggage". JMHO
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

TR Findley also provided money to the people who want to take your firearms away from you by selling on E-Bay.
    "...My plan is to..." Start by measuring the barrel length(should be 24"). If it was cut, it's really not worth restoring that one due to the cost. Said cost is going to be high anyway. The days of cheap milsurp parts being easy to find are long gone. And an SC barrel can have 6 grooves, made by either High Standard or Savage, or 4 or 2 depending on when it was made and subsequent rebuilds. Anyway, decide how much money you want to spend first.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/archive/index.php/t-74725.html
    Spelling and grammar count!